'tizen install' to TV error code 118012

Hi,

Like many other threads, notably this one which I posted in I am also having the [118012] error code upon installing.

We are creating a Samsung partner cert for a hoisted app using the certificate manager GUI. We have the certificate extension installed and are using a privileged account to create the author cert.

My other teammates are not getting this error code. We are all using the same author and distributor cert created by a privileged partner account. All of our DUIDs have been added to the distributor cert. I have factory reset my Samsung TV so it cannot be that there is already an app installed with our ID.

Do you have any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thank you,
Harlan

Hi Harlan,

I don’t know, I know this showed up for someone not just you and I had not seen it reported before.

Have you got the latest Tizen Studio that was released 4.6? Did it make a difference.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,
I tried updating to 4.6 and still got the error.
Is there an error table I could look at?
Thank you,
Harlan

I don’t know it,
this GitHub Thread has a solution for one person. Did you read that?

Ron

Hi,
Yes, I have tried the suggested fixes. When I try ‘Permit to install’, I get an error saying that no certificate profile for permit to install was found. I definitely have an active certificate profile.

Also another interesting thing is, in most of the screenshots online, the device manager shows the filesystem of the connected device. For me I do not see any files show up when the device is connected. Also when I try to install the .wgt via the device manager, I get the error: org.tizen.sdblib.exception.SdbCommandRejectedException: closed. Do you know why this may be happening?

Thank you,
Harlan

HI Harlan,

I think you need to try the Smart TV Seller Office partner support. If they give you a solution can you post that here. As I said I had never seen this in 5 years and now it has recently popped up and I see this thread is getting more than normal views

Ron