Watch 4: Active Time is not getting updated on custom watch app

I have enabled my app to read the active time from Samsung health. earlier my app was able to read the Active time for current day but suddenly my app is not able to read the Active time for current day however it is able to read the active time for last 3 -4 days.

data received from api on 14 OCT 2022:-
IntervalDataSet 2022-10-07T07:15:35.111Z - 2022-10-14T07:15:35.111Z [ActiveTime 2022-10-13T00:00:00Z - 2022-10-14T00:00:00Z +05:30 (time = 1633453), ActiveTime 2022-10-12T00:00:00Z - 2022-10-13T00:00:00Z +05:30 (time = 3446962), ]

If you are using the Privileged Health Partner SDK it should work if not report it as a bug. Since that is not a public API we can’t discuss it in the community.

If you are using Watch Face Studio or Android Studio then with a custom App ID there is no guarantee that it will always be the same or available.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

My app is using 'health platform" to get the parameters like OXYGEN_SATURATION, Sleep and Active time from samsung health. App is able to get the OXYGEN_SATURATION(spo2), and sleep correctly but for Active_Time not able to get the data for today while i have checked on developer forum that Active_time is supported and shareable. have a look at :- Health platforPlease guide.

I think you may need to use Health Connect however this is not my area at all.

Samsung Health team has written several blogs on this I think there are a couple that should help you.

Ron

My App is getting data for “active time” after restart the watch but after restart “active time” data is not increasing while on Samsung health app data count is increasing. On every restart of watch data is being updated. We have getting same behaviour on different watch 4 . Why we are only getting data just after restart while other parameters like OXYGEN_SATURATION(spo2) and sleep are getting live data.

I noticed that when I do my daily walks and I get back check my watch and the Walking App has new data but the watch face and the Health app do not show it until it syncs with the mobile. I don’t know why but it takes maybe 15 seconds or more.

Could that be what you are seeing too?

Ron