Wearable 4.0: Extra package installation is failed! Sap must be installed Manually!

I am working on companion web API app. My code is working with Wearable emulator 3.0. But when I run it on Wearable emulator 4.0, this error shows up:

Extra package installation is failed! Sap must be installed Manually!

I tried reinstalled Samsung wearable extension in package manager but it doesn’t work. Only 4.0 wearable emulator gets this error.

Please help!

1 Like

If you have a general support request, please click the link below to submit a request. Team of experts will respond as soon as possible.

I was able to install the sap package manually once but when i tried to reproduce on a new emulator, I got errors.

Here is the procedure :

From sdb console
> sdb push [tizen_sdk_path]\platforms\tizen-4.0\wearable\emulator-images\add-ons\sap /opt/usr/home/owner/sap

> sdb root on

Switched to ‘root’ account mode

> sdb shell rpm -i /opt/usr/home/owner/sap/sap-1.9.5-0.i686.rpm

Running sap %posttrans script

The package has been successfully installed and after emulator reboot, AccessoryService Emulator on Android Device was correctly connected.

But impossible to reproduce. I tried to redo the operations on a new emulator, I get errors.

error: Can’t write smack rules
error: Setting up smack rules for sap failed
error: sap-1.9.5-0.i686: install failed
error: Unable to write device security policy to /etc/device-sec-policy

See :

I was able to install the sap package manually and unlike my previous post, I managed to reproduce it several times.

Here is the procedure :

1. Copy packages from the host computer to the target.
    > sdb push [tizen_sdk_path]\platforms\tizen-4.0\wearable\emulator-images\add-ons\sap /tmp/.emulator/apps/sap

2. Switches to root mode
    > sdb root on

3. Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    > sdb shell mount -o rw,remount /

4. Install sap
    > sdb shell rpm -Uvh /tmp/.emulator/apps/sap/sap-1.9.5-0.i686.rpm

The package has been successfully installed. After emulator reboot, AccessoryService Emulator on Android Device was correctly connected.

I have reset the emulator several times and have repeated these operations, always successfully.
The error message (Extra package installation is failed…) still appears at startup, but the package is correctly installed and working.

See :