Using SAP via Tizen Emulator

Hi All,

First-time poster here, nice to meet you.

I’ve been using Tizen Studio 3.7 (API 5.5) on Win10 Pro, and just getting started with development and trying to test out the SAP using the emulator. I’ve noticed there is a mismatch between the web docs and the latest example files, so I’ve switched to using the latter. Everything for Hello Message has compiled but I got an error:

c:/tizen-studio/tools/i586-linux-gnueabi-gcc-6.2/bin/…/lib/gcc/i586-tizen-linux-gnueabi/6.2.1/…/…/…/…/i586-tizen-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible …/lib/libsap-client-stub-api.so when searching for -lsap-client-stub-api

and a similar error for sap_client, both of which I had copied from platforms\tizen-5.5\wearable\rootstraps\wearable-5.5-device.core\usr\lib. I discovered this is because the shared libraries are compiled for ARM and not x86, which means they will not work with the emulator.

Can anyone advise on how to get SAP running on the emulator? I note a doc referenced elsewhere in the forums:

but it doesn’t seem to address the above problem with not having libraries to link against for the wearable app.

Thanks,
Matt

Can anyone advise on how to get SAP running on the emulator?

Try this with Tizen 3 or Tizen 4 API and emulator. Tizen 5.5 is pretty new and the emulator may not be fully functional.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried tizen 4.0 just now, but found that the emulator is still missing the libsap_client.so and libsap-client-stub-api.so libraries. I can see the libraries are there for the actual device (under platforms\tizen-4.0\wearable\rootstraps\wearable-4.0-device.core\usr\lib) but not for the emulator (under platforms\tizen-4.0\wearable\rootstraps\wearable-4.0-emulator.core\usr\lib)

I should note the reason I have been checking for the above libraries, is that when I tried to add SAP by the method documented here:

I don’t see the ‘samsung_sap’ option under frameworks, but only the ‘Native API’ option. Am I missing something here? Or do people typically test SAP functionality on device rather than via the emulator?

Thanks,
Matt

I’m not a Tizen Developer, You might have to submit this to Developer Support if downloading the SDK isn’t the answer

https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy-watch-develop/sdk.html

Hopefully that is what is missing.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron,

The link you shared appears to be for developing the android app side of the protocol. I will try out compiling directly for galaxy watch3, but will also raise a support case to get the x86 version of the sap shared libraries which appear to be absent from the all wearable versions I’ve checked (4.0, 5.0, 5.5).

Thanks for your help!

Seems Samsung just don’t give a … to anyone who wants to contribute to their software. Laaaaammeeeee :slight_smile: