Web push notification not displayed on samsung internet browser

Web push notifications are not displayed on samsung browser …
few days back had seen a thread where it was mentioned tht it is a known issue with samsung browser service worker …
but now the link is not active …

Hello roh1595322272,

Web push notification seems to be working on the latest version (v12.0.1.47) of Samsung Internet. Please update your browser and try again.
Tested using: https://tests.peter.sh/push-message-generator/

thnks… i’ll chk…
is it confirmed that push notifications wont be supported on any version below 12 … ?

@temp_variable

finally got the notification but there seems to be some issue with the service workers click and close event handlers …
notificationclose event listener is not triggered at all …
and notificationclick event handler looses control or gets terminated as soon as u run clients.openWindow …
so if u have any code after this thn tht is never executed …
this is very imp functionality and is supported by most of the push enabled browsers …
can some one plz look into this …

I am taking a look into this, I have also found another issue where if you call subscribe, it will generate a new end point and discard the old one which is different behaviour to other browsers and has already been brought to the attention of the developers.

1 Like

yup… had observed this too… I thought of getting to it later as was occupied with SW testing …
plz update once fixed…

@ada any update on the above issue ?

The issue regarding the push endpoints will likely be released in Samsung Internet 13, a fix has been developed.

Exactly. Same issue here.

Samsung Internet MUST return the same endpoint if you call subscribe() multiple times, as we have already discussed here:

Please fix this as soon as possible, since this wrong behavior causes many issues to our push service.

This has been fixed in version 13 please test your service with Samsung Internet Beta.

The fix roll out when version 13 is reased to stable.