500 error while creating ticket

Hi,
I need to raise a ticket from the Sellers TV portal to request the email address of the UK content manager.

However when I submit the ticket i receive a 500 error.
I have tried different pcs, browsers, etc… and it seems like an issue in their side.
Is they anyone that can help me to solve the problem?
Is there another way to raise a ticket and contact them?

Thanks

Do you have 2 factor authorization for your Samsung Account, quite often it is this that gives a 500 error.
Can you sign into Samsung.com OK or does that give an error.

This could be a temporary issue as a certificate needs to be updated that happens often but hat is just a guess.

I can contact the seller office directly if it still doesn’t work today let me know and I’ll ask for more details in a private message.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks for your answer Ron.

I have now enabled the 2 factor authentication in my Samsung Account (see attached), however, I keep getting exactly the same 500 error.

I can login into the account without any issues, but when I try to raise a ticket using the 1:1 Q&A section… it throws me the 500 error.

I am trying to get the details of a content manager in the UK, so I can start the process to become a partner and upload my app.

Can you please help with this?

You can message me privately if you want.

Thanks.

You have to get assigned to a US manager first and then it gets vetted in the US before it can go international.

Ron

But how do I apply to get a US manager first if the portal does not allow me to raise a ticket?
It throws 500 error all the time… :disappointed:
Thanks

Can someone please help me to solve the problem?
Is there an email address or telephone number where I can call to request for some support on this?
I am completely stuck…
Thanks

@TVappsRock

When you request a partnership you are put in a group and a content manager is assigned to you. You have to be published in the US before you can request international distribution so having a UK content manager is moot at this point.

One of the problems with the 1:1 Q&A is that you need to have content in the system before you can ask questions but it should just not allow it. I asked and the seller office has no other reports of a 500 error.

Thanks @r.liechty_SDR for you answer, but that is not my case.

I have an uk account, and when I apply to become partner I have to enter the email address of the content manager.
So I need the email address of a valid content manager (there is a button to validate the email address).

See image attached.

So, am I doing something wrong? How do get this email address that I need from the content manager?

Can anyone help me? I don’t know how to solve the issue.
Thanks

I don’t think your 500 problem is with writing a question but it may be. Are you a public seller now with content available for sale in the US. That is how most people start.

The Public Seller level refers to a general account, and when you sign up for a TV Seller Office membership, you begin at that level. If you have content for sale you should have been assigned a Content Manager it is automatic I can find out who yours is. You may still need to go to an offline site to sign forms to be a partner.

Public Seller
A Public Seller can use most of the features of the TV Seller Office, except for some Partner-specific features, and can launch TV application services only in the United States.

Partner Seller
A Public Seller can become a Partner Seller through an approval process by a Samsung Content Manager. First, you need to sign an offline contract with Samsung HQ or a local subsidiary, and then submit a partnership request through the TV Seller Office system.

If you become a Partner Seller with the approval of the Content Manager, you can launch TV application services in countries other than the U.S. as agreed in your offline contract, use certain APIs, and receive dedicated technical support for application development from the Samsung Engineering team.

Let me know if you have already uploaded content even it is hasn’t been approved for distribution yet.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relation

Hi @r.liechty_SDR.

Thanks for your message.

Let me explain again…

We want to publish our FREE app to the UK store (outside the United States). For this, we need to become a partner seller, and as you said… it needs approval from a content manager.

When I start the process and click on ‘request partnership’, one of the mandatory fields is the email address of the content manager. I dont have this info.
The developers documentations says, that you can request this info via the 1:1 1&A menu (see attached). However, when i try to raise a ticket via the 1:1 Q&A… and fill all the info… the portal throws a 500 error (images attached previously).

So I am completely stuck.
I need to become a partner… but I cant apply because I need the email address of the content manager, and the portal is failing.

Can you provide an email address or contact info (privately) of a content manager in the UK?

As you have seen, I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of weeks now… and the 500 error is not something temporary. It has been happening from day 1 (and with 2 factor authentication enabled as you suggested).

I hope you understand and can help me.

Thanks.

I understand but I have a simple question for you.
Do you have content in the US Store and are assigned to a group you have a content manager already.

If you are trying to be a partner without having content in the US store first you need a contract and you would know the person.

Notice that this says Do you have a Contract with Samsung

If you have content in the US Store I can find the content manager’s email address for you. If you don’t then you need to follow that path be approved in the US be reviewed in the US and then apply for international partnership.

Ron

Hi @r.liechty_SDR

Thanks for your message.

I do not have any app or content in the US store.

I want to upload my first app to the UK store, so I understand I need to be part of the ‘Partner Group’. In order to do this I have to apply for partnership, but I still neeed the content manager’s email address from UK. When I raise the ticket to get the email, it fails and throws 500 error.

Can you provide this info?
I don’t understand what you said in your last paragraph… that "i need to follow the path to be approved in the US’…? How do I do this? I dont want my app in the US store.

I do not have any app or content in the US store.

The easiest path is to become a member upload content for review in the US and then become a partner to sell in the UK.

I want to upload my first app to the UK store

You need a prior contract with Samsung to do that. You may be able to make a connection at a trade show, but that seems extreme.

I don’t understand what you said in your last paragraph… that "i need to follow the path to be approved in the US’…? How do I do this? I dont want my app in the US store.

You don’t have to have your app in the US store but it needs to be validated and tested in the US before you can have publish it globally. The publishing process is detailed hear Submit it get it reviewed and then request for partnership to publish in the UK.

As I understand it the reason for this is that there are many laws and regulations for televisions that are different in various countries. It is easier to be sure you are following the content policy and design guides from one site. Also you can have a closed beta test from the US store.

I hope this helps you

Ron