About deleting app at remote test lab

I ended session without deleting the app, is it automatically deleted?

It is not removed unless the device crashes and needs to be reset.
First thing in the app testing documentation is

Extra Caution:

Make sure to remove applications you installed in the remote device before closing the RTL Client. This is to prevent sensitive information from being exposed to the next user.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

This makes no sense. Given how often Samsung Test Lab’s client crashes or hangs, it seems like you must provide a service to clean off all third party apps after each logout. There is no possible way we can remove our app because the service almost always hangs before our time is up.

I do think a way to auto clean the system would be great but I was told that resetting has to be manual as they are actual devices. There are just too many devices to do a manual after each use.

I was told that they believe that latency in response is the biggest factor for failures so be sure you have the closest site to your location and your internet service is fast. If your service almost always hangs then it very well may be your local service provider.

But I agree all in all having an auto clean would be great.

Ron

This answer doesn’t work, because sometimes we have to choose a remote location (for example, to debug the MANY S22 Exynos problems, we can only log into UK or Poland because that is the only place in the world where the Exynos devices exist—all other S22s have Snapdragon processors).

And it is INCORRECT to blame our local connection. My connection is reliably 600 Mbps up and down in-country and at least 100Mbps up and down to countries around the world, including UK and Poland, and including for long-life TCP connections (e.g. ssh logins). There must be something Samsung can do to increase the reliability of the service from Samsung’s end. Perhaps the problem is that test users are overwhelming Samsung’s local connection at the labs where each set of devices are (especially likely if spammer users are using your test devices in click farms)? Or perhaps it is as simple as adjusting some kind of timeout factor somewhere in the system?

What we see regularly is that some part of the Test Lab UI will simply hang forever. Most typically, the UI stays alive except for the image of the test device, which simply hangs forever, making the whole session useless for the rest of the allotted time. Sometimes (more rarely) the entire UI hangs, making it impossible for us to clean up our apps before the allotted time expires.

This is NOT normal and it is NOT what we see when we access other UK/Poland internet hosts. There is something uniquely wrong with Samsung’s lab setup. Do not pass the blame like that. There HAS to be some configuration you can make to fix the issue (and reducing the number of devices or limiting bandwidth might be a reasonable part of that).

Right now my sessions are only succeeding 10% of the time, so instead of 2 credits it takes me 20 credits to complete 1 30-minute session. And no, increasing credits is NOT a solution—fix the underlying problem!

Another possible “fix” would be to add some kind of reconnection logic to the client software that can work within a given session without causing the session to time out or causing us to lose access to the one device we had installed our app on.

The RTL team has been trying hard to improve services with the least amount of disruptions. In the last couple weeks the RTL version was updated in order to increase the reliability. Unfortunately this caused devices to be offline for a period. After the update there was some other complications that are currently being addressed.

Right now my sessions are only succeeding 10% of the time, so instead of 2 credits it takes me 20 credits to complete 1 30-minute session. And no, increasing credits is NOT a solution—fix the underlying problem!

I know this was an issue a couple weeks ago and users were given their credits back. If this is still a current issue for you let me know.

Ron