ADB connection problem

It has been about 6 months since I last used WFS. I updated WFS and SDK Platform Tools, but WFS can’t see Watch4. I think the problem is Watch4 keeps on disconnecting from WIFI for energy saving. Unlike Watch3, there’s no option to have WIFI always on.

What is the procedure for WIFI ADB?

That error message is because you did not accept allow debugging. (Same as the RSA Encryption Key for Tizen OS). You turn it on in developer options several seconds it connect to your wifi. you go to run on device and it asks to allow debugging. For me I get no devices available until after I click on the OK.

If you have your Ethernet plugged in it will cut out as you described if it connects at all.

Below is everything you need to know. :slight_smile:

Select Run on Device and add your IP address one time to the search using + icon
Select Run on Device
It will show no Devices found
again click on the + and click on the IP address to the run on Device at that time your watch will ask if you want to allow debugging. click yes If you don’t OK that in a 15 or so seconds it goes away and then doesn’t ask again unless you close and restart debugging
Your watch will show in the run on devices click on it.

Basics
Your watch and computer need to be connected to the same WiFi network. Unplug or turn off the Ethernet adaptor if you have your computer connected by Ethernet
You cannot have Firewalls or VPN enabled.

Enable developer options on your watch, and within those options, enable ADB debugging, and select debug over WiFi(it may take time to connect it took me about a minute before it shows the connection).
Allow the permissions as the watch requests them.
Go to Connections and write down the IP address your router assigns to your watch.
add that when you run on device in the + dialog.

If it doesn’t

Using File manager copy the address where you installed adb by default
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\WatchFaceStudio\tools\window
(copy the address as text from file manger using right click on the address bar)
Open a command prompt
navigate to the folder address
cd C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\WatchFaceStudio\tools\window
Then type
adb connect 192.168.x.x:5555 (where 192.168.x.x is your watch’s IP address).
It may take a minute to connect or give a failure response
If you get a rejected error or something check your watch debugger settings.
Try in developer options to revoked permissions and force new acceptance. do the connect again.

select “run on device” within Watch Face Studio, your watch should show up.

If it connects but will not run on device create a new keystore in a new keystore folder

Ron

Thanks for the info. That’s what I’ve setup before, but it’s not working now for whatever reason. The watch doesn’t show any notification to accept allow debugging any more.

The watch has two WIF MAC addresses, how can that be? Watch4 registered on my WIFI router has a different MAC address than the one shown in watch’s Settings/About watch/Device/WiFi MAC address.

My workstation tower has no Wifi capability. Unplugging Ethernet is new? I have connected Watch4 with the same workstation tower before.

It’s working now. Using the MAC address on my WIFI router instead of the MAC address listed in watch’s setting. Plus I didn’t need to unplug Ethernet on my workstation tower. Thanks Ron.

I know there are some Apple WiFi Routers that change IP randomly, probably others. I’ve had luck connecting the computer to the ethernet but very often.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations