Always on... What am I missing?

I import an already designed face from GWD, alter all the colors and settings so that it matches pretty closely with the original GWD version, then click over to Always On mode. After toning down the brightness of the face components and removing the ones I don’t want to see in AOM, when I go back to Normal mode, all the components are now changed to the AOM levels! This is not how GWD works and not the way the WFS guide explains how it works. Am I missing a step or not understanding the way it generates the AOM?

Do a hide for Active components when the AOD is selected.
In Tizen the ambient mode is a unique watch face. In WearOS the AOD is a component.

Does this make sense? it took me a while to figure it out.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

It works like the creator on facer page. It does not generate separate AoD mode design. You have to pick which layers are visible in which mode and eventually duplicate them if you want a derived version for the other mode. In the guide is it not explained well.

OK, so I’ve had luck with the following:
-If I switch to AOM, I select the components I want to either change the color of or remove from the AOM.
-I copy these components, hide the original (in the AOM) and modify the copy.
-Then when I go back to the normal mode, it still shows fine because I didn’t modify any of the components.
-When I switch back to AOM, it shows the copied (modified) versions of the components.
-This works.

Is this what you guys are trying to tell me? Actually, I was expecting it to copy my entire face and label it AOM or something. So I guess if this is the correct way to do it, I’m fine with it. But you’re right Peter, the guide does not even come close to explaining it well. Thanks guys!

The AOD mode works much more like 12/24 hour tags, show or hide part for each mode. This is quite useful if you have some style that you want to retain in the AOD mode. One example is the color style, now you can make the AOD color that’s same with the color chosen by user in the normal mode.