Android 12 - added app to "Never sleeping apps" and it vanished

I added AMdroid (alarm clock app) as a never sleeping app and now it still lists 0 apps under the catagory and I’m unable to re-add it. It’s no longer on the list of available apps. I added the app when it was running. Any ideas?

Reinstall the application from the play store and try again.

I had the same problem, first I added AMdroid (alarm clock app) as a never sleeping app and now it still lists 0 apps under the catagory and I’m unable to re-add it. It’s no longer on the list of available apps. I added the app when it was running. And i reinstalledl the application from the play store and tried again…

So, some more Ideas?

An app appears to be removed from the never sleeping list when you specify that it should have unrestricted background usage. Also, when you have specified it has unrestricted background usage, it will not appear on the list when you try to add it to the never sleep list. I generally set the background usage to optimized, add it to the never sleeping list, and then change it back to unrestricted background useage. Seems to keep it running although what is odd, is that it still disappears from the never sleeping list once I change it to unrestriced background use.

1 Like