App switcher function

For current implementation you can use that complication and set the transparency to 0, so it will use your image. Sure it cannot change, but at least you can make general custom app icon :slight_smile:

1 Like

General (off topic)

1. I noticed that on WFS, the shortcut (Action) does not have “double tap”. However, when I convert a
    GWS (which has) to WFS, the double tap seems to work on my Watch 4 Classic. On most common
    shortcuts accept “App Switcher” (Custom).

2. For Custom shortcuts, is possible to have a list the “common” App ID for the most popular App
    applicable for users? Where can I find these App IDs?

3. The one feature the users would miss I think is “Find my device”.

Thank you.

• I noticed that on WFS, the shortcut (Action) does not have “double tap”. However, when I convert a
    GWS (which has) to WFS, the double tap seems to work on my Watch 4 Classic. On most common
    shortcuts accept “App Switcher” (Custom).

This is because the Apps converted with the TPK conversion tool can only be ran on Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic and no other Wear OS devices.

• For Custom shortcuts, is possible to have a list the “common” App ID for the most popular App
    applicable for users? Where can I find these App IDs?

see this Topic How to get App ID

• The one feature the users would miss I think is “Find my device”.

I love it too.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ron

I got it here in the forum. Someone posted it. Just remove the package:com. Take note that in production of watch face for google play store, you might got rejected using this app id shortcuts.GW4 AppIDs.txt (7.6 KB)

2 Likes

………………………….

:wave:

……………………………

1 Like

Thanks again for the effort to pull up the AppIDs. :slight_smile: This would be of great use in the future. :slight_smile:

Thank you.
I have one question.
This is the app ID of Samsung Watch 4, and if I use it, will it work for other companies’ watches?

I’ve been reading that the app IDs for the GW4 are not valid for other manufacturer’s smartwatches. Cannot confirm positively, I only have Samsung watches.

1 Like

For now it’s not advisable to use it for production in google play store. I was rejected because of it. Probably for personal use. But I’m hopeful that in the future this would be useful. Just use the listed default apps if you want to use shortcuts.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

The timer app ID made my galaxy watch4 classic go black. didn’t work. I have not tried others.

oh my bad, i forgot to remove “package:”