Broken AOD in GWS 2.0.1

will there be a bugfix for the AOD problem?

HI Silvio,

I donā€™t know. From my experience in Windows it is as if it creates the AOD and saves it but when the project is opened it doesnā€™t read it. I was able to go back to V2.0.0 and open the project and the newest AOD was restored.

It has been reported but I donā€™t know anything other than that.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

its been 4 months still havenā€™t been fixed, i am new to galaxy studio anj just had my 2-4 projects destroyed thanks samsung

I have the same problem. Itā€™s been so long that it now seems like samsung have no interest in getting it fixed.

My advice is if you arenā€™t on a Macos Big Sur roll back to v 2.0.0 .

Ron

At the point when I introduced 2.0.1, I restarted. Text styles worked alright, the main issue was uniquely with AOD. Indeed, even faces made in 2.0.1, produced tpk, transferred to store. Then, at that point, when I resumed the undertaking in GWS 2.0.1, the AOD was not stacked by any stretch of the imagination, it resembles it wonā€™t ever be there.
After downsize, I disapproved of certain text styles, yet just the intense style was not working. Subsequent to eliminating all documents and organizers left by GWS behind and reinstalled it, it appears to work alright at this point. In any case, I wonā€™t introduce 2.0.1 once more, It previously annihilated a portion of my tasks by erasing AOD. Fortunate I have reinforcements :smiley:

Iā€™ve just come across this issue. One thing to noteā€¦

With v2.0.1 I opened a watchface file and created an AOD face, made a few changes,saved it and quit. On re-opening the face GWS 2.0.1 does not recognise that there is an existing AOD face. I quit GWS 2.0.1 without saving, reinstalled GWS 2.0.0 and opened the same file. The AOD face is detected and correctly displayed by GWS 2.0.0.

So it seems to me that the issue with GWS 2.0.1 is that it fails to detect when there is an existing AOD face in a watchface file, even though it is there. So in this circumstance donā€™t choose to create a new AOD face - this will destroy the existing AOD face. Quit and open the file file with GWS 2.0.0 instead.

1 Like

This is my recommendation. Iā€™ve reported it and even asked that it be removed as an update.

I didnā€™t try this with GWS 2.0.1 but I did in the 2.2.0 version in AOD mode select all and copy it as a Custom Complication. It worked for a simple AOD for me.

Ron

Hello Ron, what 2.2.0 version are you talking about? Is such one for download somewhere?

Sorry Peter, it was a typo v.2.0.0 let me save an AOD as a complication.

Ron

1 Like

Noted Ron. I just realized thereā€™s a 2.0.1. Had some major issues with AOD but

1. if you say 2.0.0 is good enough, that good for me. I will uninstall 2.0.1.

2. [quote=ā€œr.liechty_SDP, post:20, topic:16489ā€]
    Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 were Tizen 5 and updated to Tizen 5.5.

All Tizen 3.x devices had been updated to Tizen 4 so there is no need for Tizen 3 builds

Galaxy Watch Studio does not include anything that utilizes Tizen 5 improvements.
[/quote]

Meaning, with GWS2.0.0, its no longer necessary to build Tizen 3 - just Tizen 4 will do?

As far as I can tell, all Gear S3 and Gear Sport watches have been updated to Tizen 4.x so I build for Tizen4 and they are approved.
To submit to the store you may need to exclude Gear S2 devices but I donā€™t think that is necessary any more.

Ron

2 Likes

September 2022, still no new version that fixes the AOD issue in GWS 2.0.1. :angry:

As far as I know there is no activity being done on GWS any longer. If you are on Windows use GWS 2.0.0 if you are on Mac I also suggest you use 2.0.0 and the work arounds in this forum. If those scare you then with 2.0.1 create a simple AOD and save it as a custom complication and reuse it.

Ron

Is there a link you can share to download Galaxy Watch Studio v2.0.0?

I upgraded without checking if there were problems with the newest version (v2.0.1) and donā€™t have the old installation file any more.

Thanks in advance!

Same page
Right below the download link is
See previous versions

just expand that and you can download the old ones.

Ron

Samsung still didnt fix it lmao

Correct Galaxy Watch Studio is deprecated.

Ron

So its impossible to make watch faces for older watches now?

It is possible to make (impossible to publish), just the last version is not the best for it. Do as Ron advised and get older version. There wont be any fix nor new version. Samsung ceased development of GWS. You have to find one that works best for you from those available.