Broken AOD in GWS 2.0.1

I have updated my GWS to version 2.0.1 but it seems this version is broken, at least for me. I cannot see the AOD designs and if I open an older project made in 2.0.0. Made a face with AOD in 2.0.1, saved it then close GWS and open again. Guess what, AOD was removed.
I downgraded back to 2.0.0 until this is fixed.

The 2.1 update has been out for over a year and I’ve never heard of this issue by anyone. I did a simple search in the support database and couldn’t find anything there either.
There is a caching issue with Fonts where if you don’t restart after you updated From GWS 2.0.0 to GWS 2.0.1 the fonts will not show but the AOD will still be there and show after you restart your computer.

Other than that I have nt clue why this could be happening. The file format nor anything dramatic changed and no other reports of this.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

GWS 2.0.1 is very new… v2.0.1 – October 1, 2021

Regarding fonts, yes, I noticed an issue. After downgrading to 2.0.0, all the watchbreezesans… fonts don’t work if I set to Bold, they just dissappear… If set to normal they work, but when set to Bold, just dissappears. Other fonts work ok when set to Bold.
Any advice on how to get rig of this issue?

As I said after any update or change you have to reboot to get the fonts to work. This has been an issue since GWS 1.8. It has to do with the cache and memory allocated to Fonts…

This maby be is the reason AOD wasn’t working after the update too.

Ron

When I installed 2.0.1, I restarted. Fonts worked ok, the only issue was only with AOD. Even faces made in 2.0.1, generated tpk, uploaded to store. Then when I reopened the project in GWS 2.0.1, the AOD was not loaded at all, it’s like it never was there.
After downgrade, I had issues with some fonts, but only the bold style was not working. After removing all files and folders left by GWS behind and reinstalled it, it seems to work ok now. But I will not install 2.0.1 again, It already destroyed some of my projects by deleting AOD. Lucky I have backups :smiley:

1 Like

I have a similar problem.

Yes, I have same problem…

Yes, AOD is broken in 2.0.1. You should downgrade back to 2.0.0 if you want to publish faces with AOD. 2.0.1 deletes the AOD from the project when you load the project, so be careful!

I do not believe it … Now the GWS version 2.0.1 finally works under MacOS Big Sur and then a bug with the aod. :scream: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’ll see what is up.

Ron

1 Like

It is for sure broke. I’ll ask that they remove the update until it is fixed.

Ron

I have also the same problem and I am very angry for my over 200 personal watch faces!!!

I fully understand your anger and you have my personal apology. As soon as this was known I asked the team to either suspend the update until it was fixed or to put a Warning to back up projects first. I’ll see if I can get someone else to listen.

Ron

Until today. I have not seen any warning or update. It wasted a lot of my time.
Finally, I found out that it was the bug of the software.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will remind the documentation team one more time. On the positive side of things I heard that this does run on the upcoming version of macOS Monterey.

But of course with the AOD disappearing on update bug.

Ron

Maybe you need to click on this button to make AOD work? (circled in red)

That button enables the AOD work window and you can create an AOD for the project … but if you close the project and re-open it the AOD does not open you need to create a new one from scratch.

If you are on Windows you can go back to GWS 2.0 and the AOD you created loads but GWS 2.0.1 has a bug.

Ron

2.0.1 builds two TPKs, a TW4 and a TW5. 2.0.0 builds just TW4. What is TW5 for?

Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 were Tizen 5 and updated to Tizen 5.5.

All Tizen 3.x devices had been updated to Tizen 4 so there is no need for Tizen 3 builds

Galaxy Watch Studio does not include anything that utilizes Tizen 5 improvements.

Ron

1 Like