Cannot connect to Samsung Health app

Hello I am trying to follow the tutorial in order to build a custom app to use Samsung Health data using the provided SDK. I ended up building the apk and installed it on my smartphone however I am stuck at this step:
Screenshot_2021-02-09-16-21-19-753_com.sec.android.app.shealth|240x500

No matter what I do I cannot activate the permission to allow connection to Samsun app and I do not know what extra step I need to take to be able to do so.
Can someone please help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance

You need to be a Health Developer Partner to enable Samsung health even in developer mode. Unfortunately that partnership is not currently available. If you open a support request they Samsung Heath team will put you on a list of developers to notify once the program is back up and running.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi @r.liechty_SDR ,
Could you please confirm that the Samsung Developer Partnership program is still closed?

If it’s not possible through Samsung Developer Partnership program - as it’s closed.
And it’s not possible through the connection Samsung Health - Google Health Connect (I’ve read the previous posts from other devs, and tried to do that with our app)

I’m really wondering how then can I access the steps from Samsung Health and transfer it to my Health app? Is there anything the devs who are working in Health domain can do?

Sincerely,
Volodymyr
BA at Technorely

My understanding is that the next release of Wear OS Samsung Health will be integrated into Health Connect and that is expected soon. Having said that, this is not first hand knowledge and I may have something wrong.

I am optimistic.

Ron
Samsung developer Relations

@volodymyr.holubenko

I was pushed a new System software update For my Galaxy Watch5 Pro today. The update was basically an update of Samsung Health. Usually these roll out in the US first then Europe but it may be some time before they are for all.

Hopefully you can use Health Connect now.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations