Samsung Health integration for 3rd party apps is active again?

Hi Guys,
I’ve seen the posts about how the Samsung Health Partnership is closed (i.e. as recently as this post- How to get approval for Samsung health partner app)
However I know for a fact, apps have added Samsung Health integration since after the above post was created.

So what’s the latest here? How can I connect my app to Samsung Health now?

Thanks!

Hi michaelito,

Samsung Health Partnership for Developers was replace with Samsung Privileged Health

Our Partner App Program is an exclusive service for the Samsung Privileged Health SDK that allows users to discover engaging health and fitness applications.
The Samsung Privileged Health SDK is now available to selectively granted partners and we will review all applications.
You can request access to the Partner App Program.
and download the Samsung Android Health SDK from this site.

The Samsung Health Apps Partner program is still not accepting applicants.

And if all that make sense good, simply put Wear OS Powered by Samsung based Health is the future.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

Thanks. If I understand correctly, in order to integrate my app with Samsung Health, I now need to apply first to the Partner App Program through the link provided, correct?

If that is the case, in the form that I’d need to submit, what goes into the field “App Review Point”?

As well, what are we supposed to upload in the Application Test section for the Service Scenario?

Thanks!

the old Developer Partner program is not accepting instead apply for the Samsung Privileged Health SDK partnership. I’m going to try and get a better understanding of this and give a better response

Ron

Here is my latest understanding.

The old Samsung Health Partnership is closed but the new Samsung Android Health SDK is available and you can download the SDK for that now without being a partner.

Documentation for this is on the Android Site

Hi Ron,
Within the SDK zip file though, the readme explicitly says:
** To work properly with Samsung Health, please apply for a partner program at Samsung Health SDK for Android | Samsung Developers. **

Which brings us back to the original issue. Is there any documentation somewhere indicating that apps do not actually need to apply for a partner program?

Looks like I may have misread the information, I thought they said that the SDK had been made public but they were saying to use the public Android Health now.
Examples are in GitHub

They old SDK from early 2020 does indeed require you to get your device certified for development to Run on your device.

I’ll dig further.

Ron

To add further

Shows all the data types including oxygen saturation. I have not programmed in Kotlin or anything really for years but I hope this helps you some.

Ron

Hi Ron,

If, by using the Health Platform API, we could connect our app to Samsung devices, does this mean we do not need a partnership with Samsung after all?

My understanding is:
If you want to share with other devices via Samsung Health you need to be a Privileged Partner.

If you are just accessing raw data use the new Android Health SDK I have seen algorithms online on translating raw data into readable data.

If want to collect or share information you need your own privacy policy.

Ron

Not sure I follow. The intention is to connect Samsung Health to our app so that health data from Samsung Health can be imported into our app. The data would only exist on the user’s device. It would not be shared externally.

Thanks for the clarification.
My understanding is that is no longer possible under the latest Privacy regulations unless you are a Privileged Partner. So you need to apply for that partnership.

Ron

So then that means I need to submit the form on this page correct?:

(“Apply for Partner App Program”)

Yes where it says

Partner App Program

Our Partner App Program is an exclusive service for the Samsung Privileged Health SDK that allows users to discover engaging health and fitness applications.
The Samsung Privileged Health SDK is now available to selectively granted partners and we will review all applications.
You can request access to the Partner App Program.

Ron

Ok will give this a try. Thanks!