Can't download Tizen SDK 5.5

Hello everyone,

I’m new here. I downloaded the Tizen Studio from Tizen site. I run the Platform manager, but no TV packages were visible and in the options field, when I tried to update Samsung TV Extentions, I got an error, that the package repo is unavailable. Next I went to the Samsung site to download the Tizen 5.5 SDK (for my private TV) for Ubuntu x64 (my laptop) I got a site with Error 403.

Please help me with installing the 5.5 SDK.

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue, even with the current SDK extensions (TV 6.0).

I see a new Tizen 6 TV Extension Image is on our site Jan 4, 2021 which is why the URL is bad for Tizen 5.5

I downloaded and tried to update it manually by adding the extension but it is giving me problems. I think we just need to wait for them to fix this next week. if it isn’t working on Monday respond here and we can open a bug report with Tizen.org.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I have the same problem. I think because Samsung close services of Samsung Cloud, when all previous versions are saved.

Hello Ron,
One year later, I’m still having this issue with the latest Samsung TV SDK. I’m getting the following error on the Tizen Package Manager
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 12.19.01
Any help would be appreciated

See the instructions here

Generally you don’t need to download the local images just click the install button for the TV Extensions and Certificate extension. If that isn’t working then download the local images and follow the instructions. Note that the repository is a .zip file so don’t extract it.

There is a link to the local images from that page and at the end a video on installing the extensions.

Hope this helps

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations