Companion app in 2024

So… like so many others, i made a watch face in WFS, published to Google Play and realized it wasnt visible on Android unless i specifically choose my watch in the search results.

So apparently i need to make a companion app, and i spend a lot of time reading posts, watching the video guide here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJLJCUZ65fs and so on.

But… the guide is outdated, and it is missing info on how to actually make the button open play store on the watch. I am a 100% noob at Android Studio, got no clue what i am doing, so i would need pretty accurate guidelines.

So my question is - is there an updated guide anywhere, or is it possible to make this companion app with any 3rd party software? I made a few games for Android using Gamemaker Studio, which has Android export, but i suspect it won’t be able to make a button which opens play store on the watch, right?

My watch has been on the store 2 days. Will it pop up in the regular search results over time, so the companion app is not relevant anymore?

This is my watch face:

It amazes me how difficult this is. Any advice would be appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

see here:

1 Like

Wow, i can’t believe i missed that post. It looks like exactly what i need, thank you. :blush: