Develop an Weareable App

Hi, I want to develop an app for Samsung Wearable, but I’m having a problem that is “Looks like there is no way to emulate a wearable”. I hope that this declaration doesn’t be true, but I want to know the community’s opinion.

I saw that in the past was possible to develop with Tizen but the version of Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Watch 5 Pro) that I will use uses the Wear OS (modified by Samsung).

The Wear OS Guide says it is in Developer Preview and the notes for that are on this page:

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I didn’t understand this link. I already used the Wear OS emulated by Android Studio, but it isn’t the exact same operating system compared to Samsung and the hardware of Samsung Wearables is different too.

Thanks for clarifying I misunderstood.
You can use the Remote Test Lab for Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic I believe they are both running OneUI 4.5

Ron

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I already tried to use the remote code lab one month ago and not worked, but I will try again!

I tried the Watches on remote test lab on my Windows 11 and it didn’t work for me either. It didn’t have the right Java to run it. I’ll see if I can find a way to run it and let you know.

Ron

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in replying. I barely got it to work it was staying on the connection and not finishing. I’ll report it as a possible bug.

Ron

1 Like