DUNS questions

Hey, I’m very confused about this DUNS thing.

1 - What it is?
2 - How do I get one?

I currently have on Galaxy Store 3 kinds of paid apps:

• a couple of Tizen watch apps;
  • one regular android app;
  • one tizen watch app that has a phone companion, but the phone companion is on Playstore

So,
3 - If I dont submit this DUNS will there remove all my apps? My account? Or just the android app?
4 - If I remove my android app, and the app that has a phone app companion, do I still have to keep my account or not?

Hello Dect,

DUNS means Data Universal Numbering System, which is a unique 9-digit number provided and managed by Dun & Bradstreet. It is used as a standard business identification code worldwide, and is used by the United Nations (UN), ISO public organizations, government agencies, and various global companies.

If you are a Themes, Icons, or Watch Face seller you do not need a DUNS number since those are closed ecosystems already. If you are an Android developer, you will need to get a DUNS number and submit that to the Seller Portal for your Business Registration information.|

Click DUNS to get one by providing your information there. It may be take up to 5 day working days.

If don’t submit DUNS your Account will not be remove, and also all Apps will not be remove, but for android app you have to submit DUNS to continue.
You can check notice via this link to know more about DUNS related information. Notice

If you request a status change to Commercial Seller by using a D-U-N-S® (Data Universal Numbering System) number, you can simplify the application processes and document submissions and shorten the time required for review. For details on DUNS, please refer to Request Commercial Seller Status Using DUNS.

1 Like

I applied for a DUNS number to create a sellers account with Samsung because I wanted to request for a commercial Seller Status…

It took DUNS at least 6 weeks to finally get me a number. When I clicked the ‘Request commercial Seller Status’ button, selected ‘Corporate Commercial Distribution Sellers Request’… I put my DUNS number in there and clicked ‘Authenticate’…

At this point, the ‘Request’ form appears… much of the data is already filled in and is read-only… I assume the information that is filled in was supplied by the Dun & Bradstreet company.

There is a single field on the form ‘Representative Name’ this is a required field and is not filled in, and it’s a read-only field so I cant put my name in there…

Very annoying! What can I do to get passed this issue?

Hello,
Welcome to this forum.
Have you tried to reach out to the Galaxy Store Customer Support Channel via the Home > Help Menu > Contact Us? They might help you.

I did… they responded, … they said I have to contact Duns & Bradstreet.

Samsung’s answer:

Samsung Developer Program (Samsung)

Sep 20, 2023, 10:27 AM PDT
Hi Patrick,

The representative name comes from the Key Principal field in the DUNS data. Can you please check if your DUNS number in D&B has that value? If not, please reach out to D&B team so it can be added.

Thank you,
Samsung Developer Program Team

Apparently the problem was on the side of Duns & Bradstreet but It looks like the issue resolved itself… I was able to register as a Samsung Galaxy store developer.

The reason is already mentioned. Please follow the steps, hope your problem will be resolved soon.