D-U-N-S Number request discarded by DNB India

Hello!

I am an individual developer from India having 5 non-profit free Apps on Galaxy Appstore.
I tried to request for a D-U-N-S number from Dun and Bradstreet India to comply with recent policy changes in App seller portal.
Dun and Bradstreet India representative informed me that only registered businesses can apply for the same (not Individual developers).

Please consider this issue and guide me

1 Like

According to the seller portal notice in order to publish Android apps you must be a commercial corporate seller . A corporate seller can be an individual owned business but must be a registered business. In the US that is merely going to the county courthouse and registering as doing business as.

Only watch face and Themes sellers can be an private seller and they have signed liability contracts.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thank you for the information!
Please let me know if I can update apps as a private seller?

No, you must be a registered business with a DUNS number to have any free or paid Android apps on the Galaxy App Store. :face_with_head_bandage:

You can until February 28th after that apps will start becoming suspended and not available. You should distribute your app in Play Store. They are not giving any exceptions that I am aware of.

If this has to be on a Samsung Device and you can’t become a registered business I would suggest you see if a third party would upload them for you.

Aggregate sellers are common in Games marketing.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations