ERROR in defining an Internet Explorer Complication

Hello,
I’m using a watch face that was still installed on my new watch face 4.
Internet Explorer is installed on this watch.
In this still installed watch face from samsung I’ve tried to define one of 6 complications to start
the internet explorer when I tap on it, it works fine.

But when I create my own watch face with watch face studio I’ll get not the choice to select the internet explorer, Why not?
I’m using the same handling and configuration like the still installed watch from Samsung.
In other words, the still installed watchface gives me more choices to install programs, than trying to configure my own watch face. Please help.

I’m using a watch face that was still installed on my new watch face 4.
Internet Explorer is installed on this watch.

Are you sure it isn’t Samsung Internet? Or Chrome I don’t think Internet Explorer has any Wear version it is pretty much obsolete.

But when I create my own watch face with watch face studio I’ll get not the choice to select the internet explorer, Why not?

Because Watch Face Studio is for all brands that run Wear OS 3 and not just Samsung Watches. So they can’t include it as a default version.

There is an default provider for a Long Text Complication for App Shortcut when you tap on it the first time it lets you select an app to open from all the apps on your watch that is what you should use.

You can also set this to open an App ID and there are threads here that tell you how to get the App ID for the browser if that is your choice. However this is only for your own use you can’t upload to Play Store as it will be rejected unless it is a standard installed app.

By the way neither Chrome nor Samsung Internet were installed on my Watch5 pro from the factory.

Hope this helps,

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanx a lot,
yes, with Long Text Complication I am able to select an APP f.e. Samsung Explorer great.
Why doesn’t it work with short Compilation ?

A long text complication will have all the content items that are required for all apps but the short text complication may not.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanx a lot, now it works with “Long Text Comp” instead of “Short Text Comp”.