Galaxy Watch Studio is not working with my MAC

Hi guys,

I have installed Galaxy Watch Studio and tried to run it. However, when I run Galaxy Watch Studio, it keeps showing “Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine”. I do not know what’s going on now as I already installed JDK and even my Eclipse works very well. Is there anyone who can help me to sort this problem?

Just in case, the system details are as below:

Chip: Apple M1 Pro
MacOS: Monterey Version 12.5
Galaxy Watch Studio Version: 2.0.0
Java version: Please refer to the below;

/usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (4):
18.0.2.1 (arm64) “Oracle Corporation” - “Java SE 18.0.2.1” /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-18.0.2.1.jdk/Contents/Home
1.8.341.10 (x86_64) “Oracle Corporation” - “Java” /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
1.8.0_332 (x86_64) “Azul Systems, Inc.” - “Zulu 8.62.0.19” /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-8.jdk/Contents/Home
1.8.0_321 (x86_64) “Oracle Corporation” - “Java SE 8” /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_321.jdk/Contents/Home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-18.0.2.1.jdk/Contents/Home

Additionally, I can see the message below when I run GalaxyWatchDesigner through Terminal;

JavaVM: Failed to load JVM: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-8.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/libserver.dylib

JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library.

Do you think shall I change “zulu-8.jdk” to “jdk1.8.0_321.jdk”? If yes, then can you please let me know how and where can I change “zulu-8.jdk” to “jdk1.8.0_321.jdk”?

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 Like

Hi,

Galaxy Watch Studio 2.0.1 is compatible with macOS Monterey. It has some issues with generating an AOD (it doesn’t remember it when you reload a project and you get a missing resource error when you build.)

For GWS 2.0.0 see this thread Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update - #118 by agepictures

By the Way once you have it installed you will need to contact developer support and request they send you a Mac version of SDB as the one that comes with GWS does not work. You can also download Tizen Studio and get the SDB from that.

Hope this helps.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hello Ron,

Many thanks for your help.

I have installed Mac Big Sur from the link that you provided above and contact developer support for requesting send me a Mac version of SDB.

Quick question - should I do something after I get a Mac version of SDB from developer support?

Thank you in advance

They usually send the instructions but basically replace the current sdb with the one they sent you. SDB is Technically Samsung Device Bridge but often called Samsung Debugging Bridge

Ron

Hello Ron,

Many thanks for your rapid response.

As I stated above that I already contacted developer support for requesting send me a mac version of SDB, however, I still haven’t received it. So could you do me a big favour? Can you please check with the developer support team that how is my request getting on? Just in case, my request ticket number is #42453.

I greatly appreciate your help.

It looks like it was still in the queue. It should be handled tomorrow I had one I sent in 3 requests before yours and it wasn’t assigned yet either.

Ron