Galaxy Watch Studio won't open: "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"

Hello,

I recently installed Mac Big Sur for my MacBook Pro and the newest version of Galaxy Watch Studio but I keep on getting the notification, “Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine” when I try to open it. I don’t know how to install the latest version of java or how to erase the version I have right now. If someone could please help me.

Thank you.

Hi @alaortiz,

Currently, there is a problem between Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur.
See the announcement from Ron Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update and the community discussion regarding this issue Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac OS Big Sur.

You may try this in the meantime,
Add the following into /Applications/GalaxyWatchStudio.app/Contents/Info.plist inside the array tag under the Eclipse key

-vm/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_201.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
If your jdk version is not ‘jdk1.8.0_201.jdk’ then replace it with the version number of your system.

Azad

I know this is pretty old now but I have just had the same issue and the problem was I was allocating to much jvm memory to eclipse that it could not get hold of. So open eclipse.ini and lower the amount of memory that is being allocated to -Xmx XXMaxPermSize I changed mine to -Xmx512m and XXMaxPermSize256m