Galaxy Watch3: File Transfer fails on Tizen 5.5.0.1 PEERAGENT_NO_RESPONSE

File Transfer doesn’t work on new Tizen 5.5.
This is the watch I tested: On Watch3 (6CDC) Model number SM-R840 - Tizen version 5.5.0.1

Step to reproduce :
1)Download AccessorySDK_v2.6.1 (the latest SDK released by Samsung)
2) Start Sender on Android and Receiver on Watch3
3) Click on Seek and connect
4) Connection works
5) now change on config.xml required_version form “2.2” to “4.0” or “5.5”
6) Start Sender on Android and Receiver on Watch3
7) Click on Seek and connect
8) Connection failed with this error
W/[SA_SDK]SASocket: connectionId is null so cleaning up
E/[SA_SDK]SAAgentV2: Connection attempt failed wih peer:48592 reason:1030
I/[SA_SDK]SAAgentV2: onServiceConnectionResponse() -> CONNECTION_FAILURE_PEERAGENT_NO_RESPONSE
E/[SA_SDK]SAAgentV2: Connection attempt failed wih peer:48592 reason:1030
I/FileTransferSender©: onServiceConnectionResponse: result - 1030

The Question: why on Tizen 5.5.0.1 is not working using the latest required_version=“5.5”?
Could Samsung provide an example of properly working of SAP protocol and File transfer with the support of latest Tizen 5.5.0.1 ?

Please submit this as a support request to Samsung Developer Program so they can analyze the issue.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi,
I’m having the same issue. Were you able to find the solution for this problem?

Are you also developing with Tizen 5.5 what happens when you build for Tizen 4? Tizen 4 is more robust and is compatible with 95% of Wearable devices.

Ron

Yes, I do have api version set to 5.5 in tizen-manifest file.

I looked up the original support ticket up and it appears to be a firmware issue.

Unless you have a reason for this to be set at 5.5 as a required version I was suggesting you just lower the required version.

Ron

1 Like

Yeap, I rolled back to 4 and it works now.
Where can I learn more about this firmware issue?
Thanks!

1 Like

I do not believe that either Tizen or Samsung have a public bug list. Most all Samsung Smart watches are Tizen 4 or newer so if you use that as a required version you have almost everything covered but Gear S2 and Gear S2 Pro

Ron

Please guys have a look to this topic:

This is exactly the problem I faced and is related to this current topic .
I opened a ticket to Samsung developer support and finally the support addressed me to the right setting to fix my issue.
My 2 cents about 5.5 : Samsung doesn’t provide the right support fo rdeveloper to test in real device using remote labs and they came out with this new tizen on real devices (Watch3) with a lots of bugs. I created other topic about specific bug on Tizen 5.5

Best

Hey, can you please tell me how you rolled back to 4 and enabled the file transfer back?

This is not rolling back your watch to an older Tizen version it is setting the build to create an older Tizen version.

If you are using GWS 2.0.1 tizen 5.5 version build setting, but it will give you an error about no AOD and may fail to build anyway.

Unless you are on a Mac OS computer I’d uninstall GWS 2.0.1 and go back to Galaxy Watch Studio 2.0.0 you can get it from the same download page under the download it is See Previous Versions.

If you are using Galaxy Watch Studio on a Mac then there are two separate solutions let me know.

That doesn’t have the Tizen 5.5 build option.

Hope this helps.

The issue I have here is that I cannot transfer any pdf, image or mp3 to my galaxy watch 3 after this update. Any solution for that issue.

Galaxy Watch3 came as Tizen 5.5 there is not downgrading it to a older version.

The update they are talking about has to do with Galaxy Watch Studio’s a watch face designer tool. I have not idea why you can’t transfer documents. There are several apps that help this you may want to check them out in the Galaxy store if the older way didn’t work.

You can ask this on the Samsung Members App Community they may have a solution

go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I would recommend you use the Samsung Members App for feedback
or
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations