Good Lock clockface module?

Has anyone been able to get a face designed in Watch Face Studio to show up in the clockface module in Good Lock? It’s my understanding that GW4 watch faces are supposed to show up in this module so that they can be used on the phone’s AOD or lock screen, but I’m not seeing them.

Do the preinstalled watch faces work with Good Lock? If they do it may be something we can add to WFS suggestions.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I’m not really sure where the watch faces I’m seeing in Good Lock Clockface came from. It is supposed to be pulling them from the watch, and installed some sort of plugin when I first tried it. According to the scant documentation I’ve seen about the Clockface module, it’s supposed to allow faces created in Watch Face Studio to be used.

One more thing I have noticed on this. When I start the ClockFace module with my GW4 turned off, I see the image I posted above with this text at the bottom, “Connect a Galaxy Watch to preview more watch faces, created by Watch Face Studio.” As I mentioned earlier, having the GW4 turned on and connected to the phone does not display any other watch faces. I know this probably isn’t the right forum for this, as it is really a Good Lock module issue, but since it concerns Watch Face Studio also, I thought someone else might have come across this and has solved the problem.

Good Lock must be getting the images from the Wearable App so unless you have one installed it won’t have them. If you have one downloaded from play store created by WFS it should show. It would not show the ones that are controlled by a companion app like WatchMaker.

Ron

Unfortunately, your answer is correct. I downloaded a face from the play store and it DID show up and is usable in ClockFace. Unfortunately, I was hoping to use my own designs which aren’t in the play store. Thanks for your help.

Just to be sure, you have Watch Faces created and on your watch but they don’t work with Good Lock?

I’ll see if I can find out more information on this if that is the case.

Ron

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. I have faces on my watch that I created in Watch Face Studio, but they do not show up in the Clock face module of Good Lock.

Any news on this? Im also trying to use my own watch face on my lock screen.

@svi.roussanoff

Remember the WFS plugin only works for Flip Phones Cover Screens and not the lock screen, but you do need Good Lock for that.
Are you following the WFS Clock Plugin Documentation at what point is it not working?

Ron

Just coming back to this. I am also having this issue, I have installed good lock with clockface several times on my phone and i have it connected to my pc the whole time and reconnected to refresh it, but it just keeps stating “(ClockFace not installed)” even when i clearly have it installed. Is there maybe a way to manually install it by installing the apk file? If so, is there a way to find it?