Google play wear os companion app

oh thats real niceee thanks mate :smiling_face:

Can you show me the screenshot of your app production page ? As it says app doesn’t install om wearable. And an other thing did u put an icon in you android companion app ?

U need to exclude oppo watches. Nothing else

Can u show me the error of mis matches, if they not matching u need to match manually.

I send you an e-mail

Hi … Yesterday, I once again created the app as in your video and the WF is online now. I don’t know where the mistake was!? I have no device excluded. What do you mean by … And Other Thing Did U Put at Icon in You Android Companion App.

As in the video I didn’t created custom Icon for companion app which is also necessary to have before uploading it on Playstore.

Sorry but I don’t know what you mean! I filled everything out as usual. The graphics for the WF and finally the *.aab. There must have been a bug somewhere in the companion app when creating it in Android Studio.

If you put button like in video then you need to call a function on it as well, otherwise they might not accept your app calling a function on a button is pretty easy as well just google it “how u create an intent of a browser on a button” you will find some help there.
Here is how you create function of a button inside MainActivity.java

Button downloadBTN = (Button)findViewById(R.id.downloadBtn);
    downloadBTN.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {

@Override
        public void onClick(View v) {

Uri uri = Uri.parse("https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalwings.digitalwatch"); Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, uri);
startActivity(intent);

} });
1 Like

This example of you must be inserted there? It looks like that for me.

Yes put the code that i sent in my previous reply there in this MainActivity file.

I have, but I get an error message.

Email me at gmpanh@gmail.com as you doing it wrong!

1 Like

send a mail with link to file

Thanks @gmpanh for your help. Now everything works! :muscle:

can you help me i am having same issue as you

I can not explain that to you, Gmpanh sent me the code. Write me an email to sgwatchdesign@gmail.com

1 Like

What could be the problem, the user only gets the companion app, there is no watchface itself.

Does the user have a Wear OS API 28+ device or is it an older wear OS device. I don’t know but wonder if this is an issue with non-functioning companion app.

Again the buyer may have to open Play Store or search for more watch faces from his device for Play Store to list a compatible device.

Samsung Developer Relations is developing a tutorial on how to purchase a watch face so sellers can refer customers on how to do that.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

2 Likes

I don’t understand how this companion app works, buyers are making a refund because the watch face does not appear on the watch. Only the mobile app is installed. As I understand it, the buyer does not have a choice on which device to download before installation. Why is this happening?