How can I backup my app's files with Samsung backup?

I’m trying to backup some data using samsung backup but I’m not sure how to do it.
I can backup using google drive with auto-backup and key-value backup but I was not able to find documentation on how to user samsung backup.

Hello,
If you want to back up to an external device or cloud you can use Smart Switch otherwise you seem to be doing it right backing up to Google account. In settings open Accounts and Backup.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. However, this is not the correct forum for end product questions or concerns.
I would recommend you post using the Samsung Members App or at Samsung support select Contact US and then the Social tab Join the Conversation Others there might have better assistance on your specific device.

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is not an end user question though.

What I meant is that, as a developer, I’d like to backup some of my app’s data, so when the user buys a new device they are able to restore their data.

I am able to make that work using android auto-backup, but I was not able to make it work with Samsung backup and I would like to know if that is possible.

Thanks for the clarification and understanding.

I will ask around but as far as I know for generic data you would just used the Android backup there is nothing special for Samsung devices. When I go to my S10 settings it uses backup to Google Drive.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

You should use ADB backup but most of apps set to not allowed to be backup.