How to get a tpk or binary file for upload watch face

Hi, all
i’ve prepared everything to upload a watch face. Now a binary is queried. But I absolutely don’t know where to get this file from. All I’ve got so far is a .gwd file. Can someone please help me am new to the subject and want to learn.
Sincerely, ~ DoGame5

Hi, the .gwd file is where your work in progress is saved. The mentioned binary is a .tpk file, that is created when you perform the build action. Its usually located in same directory as the .gwd files.

You should read the tutorial if you haven’t already

You will need to have a design review before you can upload to the seller portal.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I am also a beginner, so far I have made only 2 faces for my and my brother’s watches, both shapes are thematically and inspired by cars and motorcycles. I would like to provide one of them for download to other fans for free. I also have to ask for some approval and control even if I am registered as a free distributor.

Yes, you would still need to go through the review and approval process, even for free content. Or send to an approved seller for them to load as a freebie.

Thank you for the info.
It’s pretty stupidly set up and a lot of people will probably be discouraged by this system.

1 Like

Yes that is the reason for it. Plagiarism is a big issue with watch designs and Samsung had to do something that limits wide distribution but allows someone to still design for their self and friends.

Ron

I will understand this for creators what they want to sell, but for free creators it seems pointless to me.
I created a few dials for friends, but I have no way to provide them because I can’t publish them. So all the work to no avail. Another thing is the approval rules. I am not a professional graphic designer and I do not have any certifications and diplomas. So unacceptable for approval, moreover, the approval deadlines seem absurd to me …, so I can create faces for the Facer application as much as possible, where I can’t use the native functions if I want to have to pay an annual subscription. Pay for wanting to create free faces.
It is discriminatory. :O(

Hi ekky.mi

I do understand your thoughts. But please understand someone can be sued for distributing copyrighted material no matter if it is free or paid. It got out of hand about 2 years ago and things had to change.

There are no requirements to be a Samsung Watch Face seller it is open application every other month but it is limited number of new designers.

Ron

During March, there was to be a statement about the possibility of publishing dials on the store. To date, I have received no reply.

Hello ekky.mi,

I see you were sent a letter on March 22nd maybe it went to the spam folder. The reviews are now done 4 times a year, so the next Watch Face seller applications date is May 12 - May 25

Ron
Samsung Developer Team

I didn’t find anything in the spam. Probably deleted the junk, can I get an email again to find out the result? But I guess when you tell me about other dates, it was probably rejected.

yes it was the standard rejection form.

Ron

Thanks. I’m coughing to ask someone indefinitely if I can publish my creations. And I don’t even feel like creating anything anymore, definitely not in a Samsung studio. I’d rather pay an annual fee to Facer and create for them. They don’t have such demented rules there and they value everyone who is interested in creating.