How to make

How do I make "Heart rate, steps, speed, etc. " on the Watch Face?

It was easyer in Galaxy Watch Studio

I would rather say, there on GWD we had better guides to study from. The original basic videos from Kim, then laters webinars about advancerd features and even later popular video blog.

I hope somebody makes such guides even for WFS sooner than later. Actually I expected them to be around along with introducing the new watch and new tool (not just the “trailer”). Please, we need them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I expect to see some blogs about using WFS if someone wants to create one I can ask that it be published in the portal.

Until then the best thing is to read the tutorial for WFS and understand what Tags and complications are and how to use them correctly.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Video tutorials are always the best as it is possible to follow the video point by point. Having his answer delivered as text gives a great risk of making mistakes, (especially for those who are not English-speaking), and subsequently does not work.
A half written guide is for me the same as not getting an answer.
For every tutorial that is made, it will release the “answers” in this forum to spend their time on more thorough tutorials.

It’s good to learn to turn the situation around, and think “If I need help, and get an answer in a language I can not master, how long and how many attempts do I need to get on with my project ??” Designing is fun, while the time spent on the resource to find out how the program works is a waste of time.

You send me 2 links that you thought I should look at, but if you read my question “How do I make” Heart rate, steps, speed, etc. “on the Watch Face?” I would very much like you to tell me where on the 2 pages I can find what I am looking for.
Of course, I looked at those pages before I wrote my post in this Forum …

And about " Watch Face Studio Introduction" on youtube. why is the video made as High Speed, it is totally impossible to keep up with what is being pressed and used. Or do the videomaker trye to show how fast he is to make tutorials :wink:

This is just my perception and I believe it is not how it really is, but some part in me feels as if Google and/or Samsung were buying time, before people come with own better solutions, or with new requests and demands, by giving them really little info about the programs. Or they filter the persistent ones, so that many will just give up or at least spend lot of time studying, experimenting and asking on the way.

You send me 2 links that you thought I should look at, but if you read my question “How do I make” Heart rate, steps, speed, etc. “on the Watch Face?” I would very much like you to tell me where on the 2 pages I can find what I am looking for.
Of course, I looked at those pages before I wrote my post in this Forum …

I was trying to be generic
You can’t access Samsung Health from WFS like you could in GWS so Heartrate, Steps, Steps% and Speed are not easy to do.
There is a step count and a heart rate tag that you can use for the steps and heartrate
How often heartrate is measured and the step goal can be set in the WFS (upper left) pancake menu > Project > Settings > Health

There is a topic in this forum on how to derive Distance from Steps.

Wear OS philosophy is the end user customizes complications if you are familiar with Dashboard watch face that is preinstalled on previous Galaxy Watches that is how all watch faces should be designed for WearOS Powered by Samsung.

I hope this helps.

Ron

Yes, it was used in the Google I/O 2021 to introduce the Samsung partnership and a very early Beta version was used. Wear OS developers probably can understand it better than GWS developers who had no concept of “complications”

Ron