How to report bugs in Galaxy Watch 4 firmware?

Hello together,

the latest firmware update (R890XXU1EVA8) breaks the Always On Display functionality. It is only updated very rarely (15-20 minutes). I saw this is already discussed in the watch face studio section. But it not only affects watch face. Also apps using ambient mode freeze. For example, my favorite training app Seven (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.perigee.android.seven&hl=de&gl=US). It count downs the seconds to exercise when in ambient mode. Now it stops after a few seconds and does not continue.

I already tried to contact the customer support in Germany. But they only give me default answers like resetting the watch to factory settings. Do you know a better way how to report to Samsung developers?

Thanks!

Bye

Matthias

I moved this to Watch Face Studio forum which is as close to a spot you will ever get on this forum. It is not the correct forum but your issues are already being mentioned.
However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns. This forum is for Watch Face Studio designer’s issues.

To report bugs in system software you should you use the Samsung Members App for feedback
or
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

Function

• always on display (AOD) update interval is too long (every 15 minutes instead of every minute)
  • always on display (aod) did not work after turning off bed mode in the morning. Need to wait until the screen goes off, then press home/power once to activate the screen once, to make AOD work.
  • gpay error for tap payment
  • “tap to wake” didn’t work in power saver mode

Battery

• incorrect estimated battery life
  • higher battery drain

Please reply with the bugs you experience

You need to use the Samsung Members App and Samsung Community not the Developer community. I have some answers because they are developer questions but this is not the correct forum to report bugs.

AoD update interval is a Developer Issue it was fixed in an update to the design tool about a week after it was introduced. You should update the watch face your contact the original seller for a fix.

Tap to Wake doesn’t work in power saving mode to avoid accidentally activating a watch face.

The original question was a developer issue, Ambient Mode does not support seconds only updates on minutes

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations