How to rotate minute numbers like a minute-hand?

zwart

Hi, I want the minutes (59 in picture) rotating around the green circle like a minute-hand does.
How can I achieve what I’m trying to do?

Thanks

I have tried this before by adding some sin and cos functions into the position property. They worked perfectly in GWD but not on the watch. Maybe someone more clever has a solution.

Here is how you can do it prepare images from 1-60.Add digital clock ICU format mm, in bitmap fonts, go to custom "add text string 01 add the image for 1 that is your first clock.
Now do the same for the 02 in another clock and image . Please remember you will have 60 digital clocks with the appropriate image corresponding to the minute, place them and rotate them as you please.
Another way would be through tag expressions, put in text images from 1-60 and tag the opacity as
100*([m]==1) for 1 minute and so on, it should work. then place and rotate
Malcolm

1 Like

I used the second option and it works great. Thanks! :grin:

I have to agree that is a better solution.
Glad I could help

I already made this kind of motion. Please refer to the “PoeticDials Aventurine 03” in the Galaxy Store.

As ran1582838102 mentioned above, sin and cos function work in the Galaxy Watch Designer.
e.g. circular translation motion
x position = 50*sin(2*3.141592*[s]/60)
y position = 50*cos(2*3.141592*[s]/60)

However, if the watchface is compiled and run in the Galaxy Watch, it does not work.
I thought that the string that “sin”, “cos” is omitted in the compiling process.

So, I made the circular translation motion by the polynomial series approximating the sin and cos functions.

First, you should get the polynomial series approximating the sin and cos function.
e.g. x position = a3*x^3 + a2*x^2 + a1*x^1 + a0
You can get the coefficient a0, a1, …, an by Talyor series or numerical methods.

Second, make the parameter
The parameter “x” should be a function of TAG expressions such as [s], [H].

Please note that the operator “^” does not work in the GWD and Galaxy Watch.
So, you should write x*x*x instead of x^3.

1 Like

@ [PoeticDials]

• I have not mentioned anything about sin and cos* tags
    Malcolm

@Malcolm_319

Oh, I’m sorry.
I should’ve mention ran1582838102.

Hi @Malcolm_319, I have tried the Method of 60 pictures and placing them with Tag Expressions to make my Digital numbers rotate as Minutes,. my file size for all 60 pictures are very Small and in PNG format, but when I load to my watch, it freezes, and the watch face keeps restarting over and over, what am I doing wrong, you mention “Text Images” is that different to uploading 60 Image Files

Hi Johan

Try this,
Make and index that has all the minutes then create a second hand is the entire watch face but has a hole in it that masks all else out. Have it rotates minutes in hour, and movement effect is jump by minute and it reveals only the minute number.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello, you can try to place 60 text fields instead images around the clock and make them appear on right time using tag expression for opacity. All that will be transfered to watch is the font file and text descriptions.
The hand that Ron mentioned is also simple solution, but may limit the digits size.

1 Like

Hi @Peter and @r.liechty_SDR , thank you so much for the suggestions, appreciate it. I will try and revert back with the result on both option.
Just to clarify on Peter’s suggestion, I will only have the Text font displaying from the GWS program, as it will be text format, and not a picture, for example, i wont be able to have a circle with the font inside, only the font itself. hope this makes sense?

I wanted to say, if you prepared one image with 60 numbers on it, to be covered with another “hand image” with a hole, that reveals exactly just one of the numbers, those numbers would have to be relatively small to fit into the dial without overlaping.

If you use text fields, they can overlap around the dial, but on the preview/watch there will always be only one of them active, so it will look like orbiting, no matter the size.

3 Likes

good point !! And while it won’t happen with Galaxy Watch review for GW4 if you were to upload on Play Store if the image/fonts are not large enough they will not pass review.

Ron

2 Likes

Hi Guys. thank you so much for the suggestions, I got the watch face working with 60 Images set to ([m]==1)*100 etc. it works perfectly
Screen_20220208_154500

Will really appreciate if someone can give a detailed step by step instruction how to do this.
I’m trying to recreate this watchface https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vorsk.minimalin

I don’t think anyone will give you instructions on how to copy someone else’s watch face. It’s always better to create your own. :+1:

Or are you just trying to promote this face by posting a link?

You can’t do themes and complications with Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen but it is a minimal watch and you can duplicate what shows easily. see the Tutorial for GWS.

Ron

By the way do not download GWS 2.0.1 For Windows but see the previous versions and download GWS 2.0.0

1 Like

Thanks, but I was trying to do this for Galaxy Watch 4.

EDIT:
For minutes, the code is distance u want such as X placement: 180sin([MIN]/9.55) And Y placement -180cos([MIN]/9.55)
For hours, the code is Placement X
160sin([HOUR_1_12_MIN]/1.91) And Placement Y -160cos([HOUR_1_12_MIN]/1.91)

You posted in the wrong Forum. Watch Face Studio is the forum you want.

However the tutorial for Watch Face Studio is on the Android Developers site HERE

Ron

1 Like