I can't Launch GWS

Hi everyone. I can’t launch GWS on my PC.

My computer updated the java today. After this updated, nothing happens when i click the GWS shortcut. I do not receive any error messages and the program does not open.

I followed the steps here one by one, but I can not get any result, still not work.

When I click on “C: \ Program Files \ Galaxy Watch Studio \ eclipsec.exe” I get the error below.
error

When I follow the above steps, this is the final version of the screen below.

How can i fix(launch) the GWS?

and i try this PATH variables:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin

also when i try this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath
I receive this error message:

It looks like you have the 64 bit Java installed and it updated a 32 bit Java as a result, the 32 bit java is running and blocking the 64 bit from running.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java are for the 32 bit version you do not want them. You should uninstall the 32 bit version unless it is required for some other app. Since you have the correct path (I believe 251 is the latest version) all should work after that, but I’d reboot before relaunching.

Open command prompt and type java -version and see if the correct version is listed.

If you do need 32 bit Java for some other app then
On a Windows system , edit the initialization file:

a. Open C:\Program Files\Galaxy Watch Studio\GalaxyWatchStudio.ini in a text editor.

b. At the end of the file, add the location of your Java executable file (including the absolute path name). For example, if you installed Java version 1.8.0_251, add:

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe

c. Save the changes to the file.

Reboot and try to launch GWS again

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron,
Thanks your answer.

The problem still continues. I did what you said. Than, I deleted all versions and paths of the java and GWS.
I installed it again. But after this, nothing happens when i click the GWS shortcut, again.

GWS does not react at all

First thing,
Command Prompt type in java -version and see what that says. If you don’t get any version either the Java is wrong or the path is wrong.

It should throw some sort of error no matter what but I have heard of it just not launching.

What happens when you launch with eclipsec.exe it should generate a log of some sort. Copy and paste it to text and upload it

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

This is what i saw when i wrote java -version on cmd.

javamistake

Also this is what i saw when i launch with eclipsec.exe. it only takes a few seconds. then it shuts down. I took a screenshot in 1 second.

error

Nothing happens when i launch.

I use the company’s vpn program to connect to the network of the company I work for. I think the problem was caused by him. When I deactivated the VPN program, it opened.

Thanks for your help ron :grinning:

I never thought about that since you said it was working before.

I can’t connect from within Samsung Network wirelessly either. I have to use sdboverbt it doesn’t care about VPN or firewalls.

If you want to know how to do that it is pretty simple.

Ron
Samsung Developer program