Is foreground service limited on Galaxy Watch 4?

Is foreground service limited on Galaxy Watch 4?
When sensor data is collected as a foreground service and the screen is turned off, sensor data collection does not work normally.
So, just in case, I looked to see if there is a foreground service limit, and I found the following article.

“I’m affected by the very same issue. I have created a support ticket with Samsung developer support and they have confirmed that “Samsung restricts foreground service to save more power from 3rd party applications”.”

It is necessary to check if there are any restrictions on the execution of foreground services on the Galaxy Watch 4.

1 Like

This appears to be an issue for Wear OS Powered by Samsung and should be asked on the Wear OS developer discussion.

Try the Wear OS XDA forum or the Wear OS Developer forum on Redit

If this is Galaxy Watch4 specific issue please let me know that would be reported differently.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

Hi, I am facing the same issue here. I want to have the watch sending health sensors data to the phone and I can make it received on the phone but after about more than 2 minitues, it will automatically stop.
Is there anyway to go around this and have the data keep sending until we click the stop button?

I think you really need to check the documentation for Wear OS Health Services.

Check out the blog tutorials for Wear OS Health

That may have some pointers in it that are helpful.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello, we could contact each other via email?, I have the same problem and I would like to collaborate and look for a solution together.

Hello, thank you for raising this issue.

I am now facing the same issue. Did you found a solution to get sensor data when the screen is off? (using a foreground service or any other option)

Thank you