Is Samsung really reputable?

Hi Guys
Last month I still received the payment. When I got a lot of sales, my seller account has been flagged. And samsum frozen my money.
I spent a lot of money on advertising and traffic to sell and get such results.
And when I contacted samsum to ask why, I didn’t get a satisfactory answer from samsum.
does that mean samsum doesn’t pay for developer?
I used to work with google and apple they handle complaints very clearly. Samsum is not clearly
Is Samsung really reputable?

I don’t know what answer you got but there is and issue in a lot of replies from Samsung so they seem short and lacking specific information.

What type of App were you selling.

They sent out warnings last month that all accounts that had no updates or new content in 3 years would be suspended could that be what you got caught it. It did not matter if they were selling or not.

The only reason I know that they freeze money is because of Copyright or IP infraction but they could just be waiting for a final payout if your account was forfeited.

You really show open a 1:1 Enquiry to get more information. If you already did that let me know and I’ll open a private message with you to see if I can get a more forthright response.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hi Ron
My type of app is paid app
My app is not Copyright or IP infraction
Please Inbox me, I need your help

Now this is interesting logic. First they remove you the privilege of publishing and give no way to restore it, then condescendingly announce your forsaken leftovers will be removed 3 years later…

And yet I see one seller who hasn’t updated or aded a face in four years, and know they didn’t sign the pledge, but their faces are still available and selling… Hmmm

Two different things Watch Face Sellers were what Samsung calls Partners and signed a pledge agreeing to some things to sell on the store.

Everyone with a Samsung Seller account were sent the 3 year notification. This is most likely because GDPR Regulations (and the rest of the world as well) requires a lot of permissions. I say this because GDPR started enforcement in 2019.

Anyway that has nothing to do with Watch Face Sellers.

Ron

They probably are selling through an aggregate agent.

Ron

1 Like

I have the same situation as you ?
I also got hold of payment, and don’t have financial report in 3 month
and I also did not get a satisfactory answer when contacting them
maybe we won’t receive payment

Who did you contact?

Hi RickyPro,

There are a couple reasons this could happen, it depends on the the type of app. It may not be anything that the developer did wrong. If you continue to be blocked request more information from the seller store.

Ron

google and apple both pay very clearly every month
Samsung has a longer time to pay, and sometimes even delays and hold in payment
I am also very disappointed to work with samsung
Developers should consider carefully when working with samsung

Samsung pays regularly, Sellers set the minimum amount to be paid so that transaction fees, VAT, etc, do not eat up their entire profit. This could result in funds being held.

Otherwise, Samsung only holds funds if there is an investigation (someone makes an allegation about the seller, it may be a gambling app, local laws, etc.)

Ron

I see a lot of gambling apps live in galaxy store :slight_smile:

I see a lot of gambling apps live in galaxy store

The Galaxy Store does allow skill apps but not games of chance.

Ron