Is there a write up for Tizen and WearOS conversion?

Been a long time watch face developer and out for quite some time because of the pandemic. Now that I am back, I read that Tizen, from others point of view, became ‘useless’ as we are porting to Wear OS as their sales were not comparable to some as before… I did some slow back read that we now have conversion tool etc.

Do we have a ‘wear os’ tool like Watch Face Studio? or we only have a converter tool? Are there any good reads, do’s and donts or anything for us who just came back?

I read that Tizen, from others point of view, became ‘useless’ as we are porting to Wear OS as their sales were not comparable to some as before…

Summer sales are always slow and it isn’t correct to compare sales. There is also a slump due to the new Global Galaxy Store not having individual seller promotions. I did some checking from individual Tech stores and almost all of they still feature Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 as well as Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic. So designing for Tizen is not useless.

I did some slow back read that we now have conversion tool etc.

Yes it has some restrictions, no Weather, no Only Steps and HeartRate are supported for SHealth. (Note there is an issue with SHealth that is to be fixed in a OS update).

Do we have a ‘wear os’ tool like Watch Face Studio? or we only have a converter tool? Are there any good reads, do’s and donts or anything for us who just came back?

Watch Face Studio is only for Wear OS Powered by Samsung devices but is not limited to Galaxy Watch but all that run that OS.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

As always. Thanks! You are a great help to the community.