Messages issue - Android 12 - GTS 12.0.22w.1

I’ve managed to upload multiple themes for Android 12, but I still sometimes get this one issue:

I can’t test it on A12, but on A11 (with the same theme, same colors), there is no problem, it shows up like this:

On A11: the text color is the “Main text color”, and under it’s the “Background”.
On A12: could be the “Main text color”, but that bubble I don’t know what it is, it doesn’t match my messages “Bubble color”.

1 Like

Looks like the bubble is not themed. I suggest to use as white text color #e4e4e4 or #d4d4d4 instead of fafafa

Thank you, it’s basically what I eventually did. Only difference is that I used #c8c8c8 instead of #d4d4d4. It’s just a bit darker, so I’d make sure they won’t consider it not visible enough.

1 Like

It really won’t matter… the testers have a whole list of things on which to reject a theme, which you cannot do anything to fix. I just got this one today. Instead of reporting the issue to the development team, they tell you, but you cannot fix it.

1 Like

I got this one too, just a bit earlier. But I do have other themes that were accepted, so now we know that at least it’s possible to upload for A12. However, it seems that there still are a few more connections that we have to figure out.

1 Like

I’ve had one approved, but until they have fixed all the problems, customers will leave bad feedback because the themes won’t work properly. And then we have to invest time to rebuild them anyway. It’s better to wait for a GTS release that actually works.

With nearly 300 themes to update for me, it will still take weeks to update them all even afer I get a valid GTS tool.

They asked us to UPDATE THE THEMES> I DID UPDATE FOR THEMES ->>> ALL REJECTED. BAD SOFTWARE

IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL UPDATE THE THEMES IN 2023

1 Like

I found that email kinda funny and ironic, asking us to update our themes while they’re constantly being rejected. However, I updated to A12 about 15 themes, and 6 of them already got approved, only 2 were rejected. Seems like most of the issues are actually fixed. But if you have as many themes as Redacted, then yeah, you’re gonna finish updating them in 2023. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This from an Android 12 Faceook group… says it all:

1 Like

i answered directly to the eMail :wink: and actually what i can say they work on a fix, but the most fixes depends on the App Dev Department

I have this one theme, I’m not kidding or exaggerating, I have been trying for over 2 months to upload. Got rejected I don’t know how many times, maybe 10-15. Earlier this week they found only 1 issue, today they found like 10. :)) I don’t know how’s this even possible…

2 Likes

Same happened to me, I gave up, This is oligophrenic

1 Like

And the themes that have already been approved ALL have these issues, which is why customers will complain. Definitely not worth it.

I’ve been here like five minutes, and I’ve only seen 2-3 people actually carrying. I understand there’s no real money into this, but why ask us to make our themes for A12? I have so many questions, any of you got the answers?

They reject topics because of poor readability. Themes that are approved for publication have all of these problems, but the text should still be visible. Do not select FFFFFF for the text, just test other colors on a white background. I am also rejected by dark themes, but I take the principled “do no harm” and do not change backgrounds and dialog boxes. I think people paid for this theme design and I shouldn’t change it when I update.

2 Likes