Mindfulness data from Samsung Health SDK?

I see that Samsung Health now has a nice integration with the Calm meditation app, but I don’t see a way to get data about a user’s meditation time out of the SDK. Is there a version of the SDK with something like com.samsung.android.sdk.healthdata.HealthConstants.Mindfulness? Or should this data be showing up in queries for some other type, such as sleep for exercise?

On Wear OS you should use Wear Health Services for data.

There are a lot of recent Health tutorial blogs available

I think you will find them useful. I hope they help,

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

To clarify, I’m referring to Samsung Health SDK for Android not Wear OS.

Health Platform API is an Android API that provides developers with a single interface for reading, writing, and sharing a user’s historic health, wellness, and fitness data. It in effect replaces Samsung Health SDK for Wear OS powered by Samsung devices.

Samsung Health App has a proprietary algorithm to determine health and fitness information from watch sensors. There is a premier health partnership which does allow sharing information with Samsung Health but it is not for normal developers but primarily corporations. I think that is how the Calm App is integrated.

I hope that clarifies this. As I said the blogs will help developers get started with their Health data.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations