Samsung Health SDK

Does the health app provide raw data? And is it possible to collect it in real time?

Hi Gaot,
No! Samsung health SDK does not provide raw data. It provides processed data.
And also real time data is not available through health sdk currently.

Thanks.

1 Like

Then is there no way to get the original data except for Samsung sdk? Is it possible with GoogleFit?

Depending on what watch you are using you can get raw data.

You can use Tizen Studio and get Raw data using that for Galaxy Watch3 and older.
Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5 use Wear Health Services and you can get the raw data from that using Android Studio.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. only raw ecg confirmed that he will get it from
Samsung Privileged Health SDK.

However, if i am going to wear OS in Android studio, it should be linked to Google Fit, but isn’t Galaxy Watch not working?

Samsung Health uses Wear Health Services not their own SDK.

As far as I know ecg is a proprietary algorithm so Samsung Privileged Health partner should have access to that.

I don’t see any ecg or ekg data in the Wear OS Health Services API but I may be missing something.

Ron

2 Likes

So, your meaning is that wear os power by Samsung can’t be used in Android studio, right?

No. I mean it can only be used in Android Studio you can’t use it for older watches that are Tizen OS.

Wear OS powered by Samsung is more commonly known as Wear OS 3 or Wear OS API 28 and newer

Ron

1 Like

Good! In summary, raw data can be obtained from health service. Then, in order to collect the data, do I have to use the api provided by Android Studio, not through the app provided by Samsung?

If you are in US or Korea and approved for Premier Health Partner support then you can get the ECG using the SDK. Europe is in the process of opening Premier Health Partner.

If you just use Android Studio and the Health Services directly you need to create your own Algorithm for ECG based on the raw sensor data. … Unless Google Fit has that information I don’t know if that SDK is public or not.

Hope this helps,

Ron

2 Likes

Good. But when I collect data from Samsung sdk’s api, I wonder if I use the function I made to measure the data from that point or get the data from the watch that is already being recorded.

The only way you can get data from Samsung Premium Health SDK for Wear Watch is by signing an agreement on how any data is used, stored and shared. Not everyone is accepted.

My understanding is that you get the information from Samsung Health Mobile App if you want RAW data you get that from the Health Services API. EKG is not a raw data it is a derived data.

You can forget about the Samsung Health SDK for Android (Tizen Watch) that is no longer available for new developers.

Ron

1 Like

So when import data in real time, do link Bluetooth or use a function to get recorded data from sdk?

I don’t know I can only make some assumptions. You might find more information on Google FIT app in that documentation.

Ron

1 Like