Minute Hand Sweep?

Hello! I’m working on my first watch face! I have a second hand which I want to trigger at the top of every hour to rotate once, taking 60 seconds to rotate. I can do this with a minute hand, but the movement is very jumpy and looks poorly compared to my actual second hand with sweep. If I set it to second hand with sweep, I lose access to the rotate and value options. I’m essentially looking to have a small dragonfly fly across the watchface at the start of the hour. It’s only visible for approximately 15 seconds. I’ve been able to figure out everything else I want for the face, this would just be the icing on the cake.

I think you could use other feature like position or opacity to set the hand with sweep motion appear or disappear (replacing a static one maybe too).

3 Likes

Oh I hadn’t thought of that! Thank you so much!

Hello there! It sounds like you’re making great progress on your first watch face! For smoother movement, have you considered using an animation for the dragonfly instead of directly manipulating the second hand? This could provide a more fluid motion while still achieving your desired effect. Additionally, you might explore incorporating a script to trigger the animation at the top of every hour. Keep up the fantastic work, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance!