Mismatch of data between Samsung Health and Google Fit in Android

I was checking Google fit and Samsung health apps on my Samsung Galaxy A10 (Android 9, One UI version 1.1) mobile device to track my activities and found that for the past 10 days the steps, distance and calories burned recorded by both these apps never matched for once.

I am wondering if anybody has faced such a problem before on the same device and any idea why this might be the case ? I always keep my phones in my pant/trouser pockets (randomly in the right or the left pocket).

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. Samsung has a proprietary algorithm for health and the Android app accesses the sensors by a public API not the Samsung Health information. What time an event starts and ends may be different.

However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns.

I would recommend you post using the Samsung Members App or at Samsung support select Contact US and then the Social tab Join the Conversation

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Thanks for your information. I was not able to find the Social tab or Contact us at Samsung support but found the Community page and posted there under Samsung Health. The link is:-

Is this forum correct for queries like this ? If not, maybe you can send me the exact link where I can post the question as an end user. After that if this thread causes any disruption in developer discussion you can remove the post.

That is a good site to post. Each country may have a different link.

As I said before it is probably just a matter of how Samsung Health and Google Fit app interprets the data. And I would not expect them to be the same and depending on start and stop times could be wildly different.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Ok, I understand your point. Thank you !!