My Theme Designer application again got rejected

My Theme designer application again got rejected.

Theme partnership request portfolios reviews are based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, and theme development ability. We suggest you study the Blog How to Become a Samsung Mobile UI Theme Designer

Pay attention to all the tips and reapply in the next open submission period.
Hope this helps next time

Ron Liechty
Samsung Developer Program

I also applied twice for the theme developer partnership and was rejected with the same generic response. I have to put to out there and say that the response above is outrageous. This again is just a general response that says nothing. People spent time on designing their portfolio and following the rules, closely considering the “How To” and after almost a month of waiting all they get is an inexact note? I already knew all you’re saying, so how should I know what’s wrong with my application? Is it the font? Is it the lack of creativity? Is the icon design? Is it the color scheme? What is it and how am I supposed to grow from this general note that I get? In my opinion these responses are irreverent and now they just made me lose interest in Samsung altogether.

5 Likes

@mir1588838725 may I see some of your works, which you submitted before?? :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

This is one of the themes I submitted last time. I know it isn’t anything super sophisticated, in fact I saw some really great themes of other designers, but that’s the kind of theme I know many people like to use. And anyways I think each of us deserves a bit more respectful response than what we get.
Theme1.pdf (1.5 MB)

2 Likes

@mir1588838725 such a cool design indeed, what software do you use to make this photoshop or others??

Thank’s, I use Illustrator, I find it a little bit more suitable for this than PS.

1 Like

@mir1588838725 i was submitted a zip file, whenever my work was done. Do you think is there any relation to submitting a zip instead of pdf can make rejection??

Yes, I think it might. Did you visit the “How To” page? There’s the starter kit there that you should download if you haven’t already and follow the instructions.
Can you show me some of your work?

Hello, I also do not understand their response! There are so many good themes indeed But at the same time there are so many bad ones (way simpler than mine!!) i am disappointed!

1 Like

That is why they are so hard now. They allowed too many to become Theme Designers in the past.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I don’t want to offend anyone, but you need to understand that there is a difference … between a simple painter and the creativity of a designer.

I agree. I have applied several times and this time I really thought I did a great job on my themes I must have studied each of my designs about 20 times over 2 months double checking and trying to make sure everything looked good. Going back and making sure I followed all the rules. I used to do theme designs for the Google Play Store and had a huge following of customers and sales. I’m no newbie when it comes to making themes. The only thing I think I may have done wrong was making more than the 3 required which may have increased my chances of getting rejected. Not going to make that mistake again. I’ve all but given up even trying anymore.

That said, the vague rejection response leaves me with no explanation and no help on what it is that’s causing the rejection. If anyone sees this from the design team and is able to help me understand the reason for my recent rejection I would truly appreciate the guidance on what to do differently for my next submission. I am going to keep trying but without clear information on what I did wrong, it leaves me feeling really defeated and afraid to even try again. I spent months working on my designs only to get a basic rejection with no idea as to what caused the rejection so if someone from the design team can help clarify that part for me I’d be forever appreciative of that and I’ll then know what I need to do differently going forward.

Thanks in advance!
Stephanie

Hi,
I see that you’re from the development team. I just got rejected yet again. I used to create themes for the Google Play Store and was a very popular theme creator with many sales and thousands of customers. I wanted to change over to doing my themes for Samsung but I’ve all but given up hope. The rejection never specifies what the issue is or why I was rejected. Is there any possible way that someone can contact me via email and let me know what the issue is with my portfolio?When I was rejected in the past it gave a little bit more information on why I was rejected but now it’s just a very vague “you were rejected, please try again” response which leaves me feeling hopeless because I spent months working on my designs. I did upload more than 3 designs, I uploaded 8 of them and maybe that left me open for more of a reason for the rejection, maybe it was the font, honestly I don’t know. I’m a highly creative person with a lot to offer but without knowing what the issue was with my submissions I’m terrified I’ll spend another several months creating new designs only for it to be rejected again. :pensive:

I have read through the forum rules about what is required when submitting the designs and followed all of the rules very carefully (I even re-read it over and over and double checked my work) and still I got rejected so I’m just at a complete loss on what to do. Please help, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time.

Stephanie Chute

I’m afraid it’s not normal to get more info, as they get a lot of submissions and few are accepted. There are a lot of amazing designers, so what is it that makes your designs different from the hundreds of other designers already in the program? And what value do you bring? Just a couple of things to think about :slight_smile:

There just are too many applications to give specific responses.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hey! This response might be a little late, but I’m sure it has nothing to do with submitting more themes than asked for. I submitted 5 and got approved last week. I don’t know what it could be, but I think they encourage making more

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s actually right on time. I’m about to start working on a new set of designs to submit with my portfolio for the open enrollmemt in November.

I actually had emailed them and the guy who replied said to just do 3 because the more you do the more chance you have of getting denied. You really lucked out and must have done a great job to have gotten approved with 5 designs.

May I ask you a favor? Would you be so kind as to upload/attach maybe just 2 of your 5 designs so I can take a look at them? Maybe it’ll help me figure out where I went wrong. I’ve gotten denied twice now and I was a huge developer on the Google Play Store with a large following and lots of sales so I know its not that my work isn’t creative enough. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the design details, maybe I’m missing something. I’m a very very analytical person so I tend to read too far into things and I’m sure that’s likely what I did with the instructions. Taking a look at the work you submitting will help me decipher where I messed up. I’d be forever grateful if you could do that for me.

Congrats on getting accepted! That’s fantastic news! I’m sure you’ll have some amazing work in the store and I have no doubt you’ll sell a lot as well. Good luck and thanks in advance (if you’re able to reply with some pics of what you submitted).

Honestly, even if you can just attach the 6 images of each screen of one of your designs that would be a huge help. If you want to attach more then by all means, please do.

Respectfully,
Stephanie

Hey!

I’m glad to hear I’m still on time with my reply :blush:

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to upload anything from my portfolio since I’m going to transfer these mock-ups into actual themes for the store. I don’t feel comfortable making them public. I hope you understand.

However, I would be more than willing to review some of your previous submitted work and maybe point out things you might have missed (I highly doubt it, since you have experience with this kind of work, but still).

I also recommend writing a little piece about yourself. I wrote about where my art journey started and how I’ve got to the point where I am now. I also pasted some of my other artworks in there.

I don’t think they look that much at your experience as a theme designer tho. At first I thought I would stand no change, because I’m only 18 and have no professional experience. Nevertheless, I still got accepted, so that must mean they look at different factors.

If you wish to contact me privately, you can message me on Instagram (@aw.graphicdesigns), you can also find my email there if that’s your preference.

Kind regards,

Alysha