Not able to build watchface

I’ve just uploaded the GWS program and tried to generate an own watch face as well as from the samples. When I try to run it on my watch, I get a notice that tpk package for Tizen 4.0 or later device doesnt exist, want to build it. When I click Yes Build Project and a Install & Launch Package window opens. The preparations stops at 10%. When I click the Build-button, nothing happens and when I click it a second time, the program just shuts down and there’s an error message and I’m refered to a log file.

How can I fix this problem?

You need to have debugging enabled and should also enable developer Options on your watch.
To show the developer options on a Galaxy Mobile Device, go to Settings > About device > Software info , then tap the Build number until “ Developer options enabled ” appears on the screen.
Enable Debugging in the About Watch setting as well.

To build a project you need to have both an author certificate and a Distributor certificate that matches your watch. See this Page for that

In order to get the certificates you need to connect to your watch sometimes this can be tricky due to privacy regulations See this page for that

Ron
Samsung Developer Team

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t have the developer Options activated on my watch, but that didn’t solve the problem.

I have the certificates, and GWS finds and seems to connect to my watch.

When I try to run the watch face on my watch the app just freezes at this stage

And when I click the build-button again the app closes and I get this

Are the parameters of the project ok? The location should be in the users portfolio if I’ve understood correctly?

Thankful for any advice that solves the problem!
Päivi

There are a few reasons it will stall at 10%

Try to build and run one of the example watch faces that come with GWD. If they won’t load then it is the RSA Encryption key wasn’t accepted.

In your C:\users \USERNAME/\ folder there is a hidden folder .tizen in that is SDB and SDB.PUB rename those or move them to somewhere else.

Restart your computer, and reboot watch (hold down the power button until it says rebooting)
Set your watch face to a factory preinstalled watch face.
Try run on Watch from GWS and
Keep watch active. Watch the watch until a RSA encryption pops up accept and select don’t ask again.

If the example load on your watch.

1. your AOD has too high of an OPR even if it builds OK in GWS if it is on the limits it may be too high for the Watch lower it below 10%

2. You have corrupted fonts or images.

Ron
Samsung Team

Hi Ron,

I tried twice to rename the SDB files, restart my computer and reboot my watch , but still no luck. GWD still froze at 10%.

Any other ideas?

Br,
Päivi

Is this with Samsung examples or just your watch face?

If you get no encryption Key it may be a firewall on your computer.

If you go to C:\program files\Galaxy Watch Studio\ there is a file eclipsec.exe click on that and it will launch GW and create a log that might be able to help determine why it is failing at 10%

Ron
Samsung Developer Team

This happens with Samsung examples, I haven’t even tried with own designs anymore. I tried to uninstall the program, deleted my old certificates, installed the program, changed the WiFi, connected my watch and got new certificates. Nothing helps. I went through exceptions in my firewall, and there were both sdb and Java.

I get this error message in eclipsec.exe:
error: failed to get status of ‘C:\Users\paivi\GearWatchDesigner\keystore\device-profile.xml’: No such file or directory

Is there an issue with my certificates? I do have both certificates in the mentioned folder. Should I try to delete them once more?

Br,
Päivi

Hi,

I don’t know which one of the following resolved my issue, but I uninstalled everything once more, starting from JRE. I downloaded and installed JRE and GWD again, and now it works! Brilliant! Now I get to start being creative!

Päivi

I’m glad you got it. very weird

Ron