Notice and Hot fix plan for v1.0.11

Please, can you add/replace user-friendly tag HR_MEASURED_TIME? Example - MM, or HH:MM. Thx.

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to SDP for coming up with WFS and improving upon it and offering it to partners and enthusiasts free of charge.

Like the GWS, the WFS is an awesome tool for non-IT literate’s to design WF without coding. I trust over time the WFS will be a much better tool.

Thank you

We could not reproduce the problem. Could you share the log file in your PC for further analysis?
You can find main.log from
C:\Users{user name}\AppData\Roaming\watchfacestudio\dump\ in PC
/Users/{user name}/Library/Application Support/honeyface/dump/ in Mac

Thank you!

1 Like

I hope this is it. main.log (40.4 KB)

A nice innovation is this wave effect when you tap on a shortcut.
What is less nice is that today I updated a Watch Face with the new WatchFaceStudio and the hands have been jumping since then.
(Only if AOD is deactivated).

Hello,

I can’t build a watch face on WFS 1.0.11 anymore. It gives the below error.

Although I didn’t choose the oppo watch devices the watch face I made with the watch face studio 1.0.11 was rejected by Google due to a Heart Rate problem on the square watch. I can’t update it because I can’t build it.

Hi SDP team, need help.

I managed to ‘build’ an app on WFS 1.0.11 by creating a new Keystore folder. Looks like this will be the new protocol where I will have to create a new Keystore folder for each App.

That aside, I now have another issue. Cant ‘Run on device’. My Watch4 had some issues two days ago but it has been recovered after a Hard-reset (It may be related).

1. Connect via Wi-Fi
  • Failed to detect Watch4 although appropriate ‘Developer Options’ steps were complied with.
  1. Conect via BlueTooth
  • One requirement which is to ‘enable Debugging over Bluetooth’, via ‘Advance Setting’ on “Wear companion app” was not possible in my case. Because,

a) The “Galaxy Wearable” app on my device does not have ‘Advance Setting’ feature
b) My device’s Setting (S10+) only has ‘Debugging over USB’

Appreciate if you could shed some light on this.

Thank you.

There is a small error in the manual. Advanced settings must be selected and debugging turned on on your watch, not your phone.
It was already written about it here in the forum.

1 Like

Dear all

Today, we released [hotfix v1.0.12].
It fixed only the issue about complication’s layouts @amoledwatchfaces reported. Thank you @amoledwatchfaces again.

We are also investigating other issues reported in this thread, but haven’t figured it out yet.
It is recommended to uninstall the previous installed WFS programs before installing new version 1.0.12 and to change the location of workspace or keystore.
If you still have difficulties, please register it as a new topic.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi
We have already released hotfix v1.0.12
We recommend to uninstall the previous installed WFS programs before installing new version 1.0.12 and install again. If you still have difficulties, please register it as new topic.
Sorry for inconvenience.

1 Like

Great news !
Big thanks to all people from WFS team for this hotfix update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the update.

About this Keystore, I read in another topic (posted two months ago), but I could not comprehend it. Since WFS 1.0.0 I have build two Aps by “sheer luck/trial-by-error” in sorting the Keystore :blush:. But really could you please help break it down?

BUILD

1. Location: Is this to locate where to save our new .abb / .apk?
  2. Version Name vs. Version Code: I know we can enter anything, but what is it intended for?
  3. Keystore Path: Locate where our GWS Keystore is or create a new folder?
  4. Key alias : Please, what is this?

NEW KEYSTORE

1. Keystore Path : Is it the same as above?
  2. Key alias : ?

Your feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you Ron for the explanation here: WFS Build Keys and Passwords? - #16 by r.liechty_SDP

Hope I got it right

I must admit that I did not follow this advice. :wink:
I installed a new version overwriting the old application. Everything works fine. I have no problems with the keys. WFS read them correctly. :+1:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Hi, anyone familiar with this error message?

It was. Java crashed when I updated windows.

Uninstall Java.
Restart the computer.
Install Java

1 Like

WFS doesn’t really use Java it uses Java Script when it builds.

Try moving your keystore to a different folder.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thank you for the feedback.

The error surfaces only when building one particular app. However, for the benefit of doubt I did take your advice, but the error persisted.

Thank you Ron,

I have tried three different folders for Keystore, but error persisted.

This happens on only one specific “converted” app. WFS works fine with other app builds. My suspicion is there something within this app is not setup correctly. I’ve audited each element but could not detect the culprit :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, issue resolved.

Whilst I still did not detect the source, it somehow resolved by going back to GWS, replaced all shortcut tags with only what WFS can recognize. I then open new project in WFS, imported the TPK, reassign the shortcut’s tag expression. That’s all.

I can build and run on device without any errors.

Thank you.