Phone battery

but unfortunately it’s not continously… or i miss something?

If you really need continuous heart rate, just use some health app like S Health or Google Fit and monitor you activity “on the go” or while running.

Complications or watch faces are not designed for continuous heart rate monitoring. It doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

in galaxy watch studio (for tizen) it was possible

Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen had access to the private Samsung Health API. Third party developers did not and could not access Samsung Health unless they became a partner.

Privacy laws changed and you must control what data is collected and how it is shared. So only a licensed partner has access to the private API for Health on Wear OS Powered by Samsung.

Instead there is a Health Services API instead. Each developer using that API is accountable for how the data is stored and shared. Therefore the developers provide complications that merely display this information instead of sharing it when they don’t know what it will be used for.

I hope this makes sense, It may be that at some time WFS will have access to more Health output but it is not possible at this time or near future.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi man! Is it possible to apply a custom image progression to your complication? Similar to how you can apply images to different stages of the watch battery?

Hi. I think this is not possible.

Thank’s for doing it, very handy.

I have downloaded your app on phone and watch5 but all i get is the icon on the phone. No way to activate or setup anything.

Be sure you downloaded the watch face app as well as the mobile app. Sometimes in Play Store you need to click on the download/purchase button to see the watch download option.

With Watch 4 when you downloaded a watch face it would be installed to your watch it does not work that way now. It will install on your watch and then you have two options
long press the watchface and click on the + button to add the new watch face or from the wear app select watch faces and scroll down to where it says downloaded and add it from there.

Ron

1 Like

Sorry. Can you explain how do I download this on watch because I thought it was from the galaxy store but I can’t find it there.

Edit: so after a but of new things learned the installing from google play works only on wear os so it won’t work on my GWA2, right?

Hello, yes, only works on Wear OS.

1 Like

You don’t need it for Galaxy Watch Active2 (which by the way is one of my favorite watches of the entire line) the pre-Galaxy Watch4 watches include Samsung Health and you can access most of that directly.

If you can explain what complication you are looking for I can help you. Also start a new thread in the Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen Topic unless you are using Tizen Studio.,

Ron

Hi, I didn’t want to start a new topic since there already is a similar one. I was looking for a way to see my phone battery from my watch.

Hi, if you have galaxy watch 3 or older and making watch faces in galaxy watch studio, there is no way. There were few faces in galaxy store that were made using tizen studio probably which could show phone battery info if you installed small aditional app on the phone with them. You could also do it using platform like facer.io or watchmaker, which both also installed their own face on the watch and their own app on the phone to run and to change “skins” on that face.

Battery Phone Widget is available in the Galaxy Watch Store. It is free. If you are designing your own watch you can probably open it by App ID. I can explain how to do that if you are using GWD.

Ron

2 Likes

Hi Ron, did you mean to open like with tap on something to open link?
Or “open” to display data directly on GWD watchface?

Tap to open either by using the app chooser or set a button and open a specific app ID.

Ron

Ok, I understand, no direct info on face for GWD faces…

That’s exactly what I wanted. Well maybe a bit better looking but does the job. Still haven’t started designing my own watches but maybe I need to look into how it works. Thanks anyways!

Nice work thank you, which ranged value layout should I be using though to allow the progress bar?