Range Value Complication

I think there is a bug. When I create a Range Value Complication in WFS and then on the watch I choose - empty, the bar remains visible. Everything is hide (text, title, icon), but bar is not

Sorry for english. Translate by Google

1 Like

It is because the background of the progress bar is a fixed image. If you make the background transparent , it will disappear when the slot is empty.
It is the same as another layer added to the complication group, and appears even if the slot is empty because it is not connected to the complication data.

Thx for reply. Yes, I know, but is any solution to hide progress bar when data are empty?

Edit: Transparent background is not good, I need show end of range

As far as I know, there is no way for this…
It needs a feature request @r.liechty_SDR

1 Like

Set the color to anything but White. It should disappear at least it does on my Watch5 Pro.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I have blue color 30% background, on watch 4 doesn’t dissappear. I’ll try on watch 5 pro later

I had a watch OS update just before I tried this today. That may be why it worked for me.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Yes I see it with 30% background I was using the Default 10%

I’ll submit a feature request.

Ron

Thank you Ron
Nice weekend

I think it was resolved from the latest version.

Fixed to hide all components in complication when provider is set to empty.
Watch Face Studio Release Note | Samsung Developers

3 Likes

Hello @sinjae, can you evaluate this fix?
It’s only necessary to hide built-in complication elements when “Empty” is selected = NoComplicationData.

Let’s say complication is using some custom background in all layouts (png - picture). We still want to see custom background when there is no data (“Empty”). In 1.3.12, all elements are not visible - this is unfortunate & better would be to hide only Text, Title, Icon, Progress-bar elements., leaving other elements visible. (These can be hidden additionally with visibility toggle (eye-symbol)

Hello,
@amoledwatchfaces
First of all, thank you for using WFS and giving us a lot of good feedbacks.

About this issue, we decided to hide all in the Complication layer when it is EMPTY, according to the following consideration:

If WFS hides only built-in elements, no way to hide other elements when a creator wants to hide all.
If WFS hides all elements, a creator can move them out of the complication layer when he or she wants to leave some custom elements visible even in EMPTY state.

I thought this way can provide more design opportunities.

What do you think?

1 Like

Hi @sinjae
thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I’ll try to explain it better

We can decide if we want to show/hide them because > no complication data = TEXT ONLY / PROGRESS_BAR only layout. Previously, if developer wanted to show content when complication was set to “empty”, it was enough to add elements to the first layout (simpler one = Text Only, Progress Bar only). For completely hidden complication - just add TEXT ONLY layout or PROGRESS_BAR only layout. If there was no data source nothing was visible.

WFS devs have decided to completely hide all elements just because progress bar background was visible even when complication was set to “Empty”. It was a bug because progress-bar background (or whole progress bar should not be visible if there is no complication data.

• Simple solution for that issue is to hide (eye-symbol) progress-bar in the progress-bar only layout. That’s why I think current WFS solution is unfortunate.

There is no way to toggle elements based on complication data source / we don’t know if complication is set or empty so moving elements outside of complication while complication is set to some datasource means duplicated / redundant layer.

I understand why you decided this way, but at the same time I think it leads to the exact opposite - reducing design opportunities and .

Edit: maybe it can be improved by adding this new feature request:

Thanks for your time & support :slight_smile:

Intending a design for a case where the complication is empty on a specific layout is a different direction from the UI design of the WFS and is not recommended.

Since the method of using the complication in the Wear OS is very complicated and difficult, Watch Face Studio has considered making it as easy as possible. (But we feel it’s still difficult.) Rather, creators who want to make more sophisticated results may lack functions, which is our dilemma.

We are thinking about various things for the complication internally, so please look forward to the next.

Thank you.