Refunds?

What’s the story with refunds?

Just had an email from a user who wants a refund because he probably didn’t understand the app description (or whatever) and says that he has contacted Samsung who have directed him to me, but what am I supposed to do as I don’t even have access to any individual sales records?

I am not sure what exactly he was told by Samsung, but he surely got the impression that he could get a refund by contacting me. Am I missing something?

Good question… I always just ignore those requests cause I don’t know of any way to refund them the Samsung commission? It may be that if they customer provides Samsung an email from the Seller saying a refund is due they may do it?

I have an enquiry into the Galaxy Store on refunds.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program Team

My most recent request was from someone who said their phone locked up and purchased the theme (soccer ball) without them knowing. They told me they hated soccer and hated the theme, so why would they buy it! Demanded a refund and left a one star review. At this point, that theme is theirs LOL :slight_smile:

So hard for some people to be honest! If they were honest and respectful, I’d help.

I’m having the same problem, did any of you get a solution?? Please

The client has a period of time to request a refund, in which case the total amount is returned to the client and if they decide to download the application again they have to buy it.
If you as a seller decide to return the money after the period of time, what you get is that the customer gets the total amount spent on the application and a free application that he can download as if he had bought it, you as a seller lose 30% that It is the comicion of Samsung and you give the application.
This is what appears in Sales Summary when a customer requests a refund within the period of time.

How and where do you do this?

Within the refund period you do not have to do anything and it will appear in Sales Sommary.