"Resource are not found ..." while building project and "SDB command failed ... Package not found ..." while running on device

I have read the entire forum, tried many options, but nothing seems to work.

So, for starters, what do I have
Hardware
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Software
macOS Monterey 12.0.1
+
Galaxy Watch Studio
Version: 2.0.1_beta
Build id: 210901
+
java version “16.0.1” 2021-04-20
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 16.0.1+9-24)
Project
I do a new, as simple as possible project (anticipating your questions, I tried to do something more complex, and also ran examples of samsung, the result is the same). The watch face design does not even have a background (but if you set a background, it does not affect anything), there is only a digital clock in the center of the screen, you can see this in figure (2.1. a).

Author Certificate and Distribute Certificate are installed in the project (everything was done according to the Samsung guide).

What goes wrong
*For starters, let’s not think about running the project on device and just try to build it. This results in an error: “Resource are not found, Please check the resource is available with your gwd project.” This happens almost instantly, after clicking on the “Build” button, in less than a second the progress reaches 50 percent and this dialog appears. After clicking on the “Ok” button, all dialogs are closed. You can see the whole sequence in the figures (2.1. a → 2.1. b → 2.1. c → 2.1. d).

You can also note that in figure (2.1 b) I click “No”, but just for reference, generation of AOD, that is, clicking on the “Yes” button leads to the same result - an error in the figure ( 2.1. d).

I have no idea what resource is in question, what I should check and how to avoid this error. I couldn’t even find the build logs to figure out what’s going on. What I should do? How to get rid of this problem?

*After hours of suffering, I found a way and Galaxy Watch Studio finally started finding my watch over Wi-Fi. When I try to run a project on a device, I get a strange message “tpk package for Tizen 4.0 or later device doesnt exist, want to build it?”, Here I always click “Yes”. Then I get the standard message about AOD and click “No” (clicking “Yes” will not produce any other result). Then I get the error described in clause 2.1. But oddly enough, some process begins further and after a while, always 60 percent, it ends with an error: “SDB command … failed …”. You can see the whole sequence in the figures (2.2. a → 2.2. b → 2.2. c → 2.2. d → 2.2. e).

And again, I don’t understand what this error is, I cannot find the logs, I don’t know what to do next?

I tried all the ways to solve similar problems described on the forum, nothing helps.

1 Like

@r.liechty_SDR, I see that you are a very active member of this forum, maybe you can help me or at least point out a direction?

You are building for Tizen 5 that is for Watch3 and Active2 only you should build for Tizen 4 that will run on all watches except Gear S2 (very old) Tizen platforms.

You need to generate an Author’s Certificate to build and to run on Device certificate if you haven’t done that, those are the missing resource.

If you start GWD running eclispec.exe instead of GalaxyWatchStudio.exe it will generate a log.

If you build and have an issue Running on Device There are a couple issues it could be. Primarily the failure to accept the RSA Encryption Key. But see if you can get it to build first.

We did test the GWD 2.0.1 on Monterey and it did work.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks a lot. Found the log, and here is the error while building:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.tizen.common.util.CipherUtil (in unnamed module @0xd278d2b) cannot access class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64 (in module java.xml) because module java.xml does not export com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util to unnamed module @0xd278d2b
	at org.tizen.common.util.CipherUtil.getEncryptedString(CipherUtil.java:117)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Config.setAuthorPassword(Config.java:664)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.dialog.build.CompositeBuildPopup$13.execute(CompositeBuildPopup.java:677)
	at com.samsung.gwd.utils.EasyExecute.execute(EasyExecute.java:16)
	at com.samsung.gwd.utils.EasyExecute.execute(EasyExecute.java:10)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.popup.PopupButton.mouseUp(PopupButton.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:224)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4364)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1512)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1535)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1324)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4151)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3768)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.popup.PopupShell.open(PopupShell.java:40)
	at com.samsung.gwd.action.project.BuildAction.action(BuildAction.java:293)
	at com.samsung.gwd.action.Action$1.execute(Action.java:116)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.toolbar.ToolbarButton.mouseUp(ToolbarButton.java:73)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Application._start(Application.java:385)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Application.start(Application.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:78)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)
 INFO (ThreadBuild.java:20) - call generateBuildPrerequisite
 INFO (BuildConfig.java:71) - generating tizen-manifest.xml
 INFO (Manifest.java:206) - save::api_version = 4.0.0.0
 INFO (Manifest.java:369) - Save menifest.xml to : /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace/.Mkcd/tizen-manifest.xml
 INFO (BuildConfig.java:82) - generating 'Debug' folder
 INFO (BuildConfig.java:110) - generating dummy executable
 INFO (PackagePackagingManager.java:65) - packaging()::packagePath = /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace
 INFO (PackagePackagingManager.java:117) - export xml
 INFO (XmlExporter.java:76) - ADD metadata for 4.0.0.0
 INFO (PackagePackagingManager.java:130) - trying copy icon : /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace/.Mkcd/shared/res/Mkcd.png, /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace/.Mkcd/Debug/.tpk/shared/res/Mkcd.png
 INFO (PackagePackagingManager.java:132) - copy icon done
 INFO (PackageLoadProfileXml.java:56) - enter runSigning()
 INFO (PackageLoadProfileXml.java:62) - createProfileItem : author
ERROR (Capture.java:195) - icon file saved : /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace/.Mkcd/shared/res/Mkcd.png
 INFO (CompositeBuildPopup.java:137) - CompositeBuildPopup::HEIGHT = 667
 INFO (BuildConfig.java:219) - tpkVersion = 4.0.0.0
 INFO (CompositeBuildPopup.java:786) - resizeLabels = 110
DEBUG (CompositeBuildPopup.java:636) - /Users/igortyulkanov/GearWatchDesigner/workspace
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.tizen.common.util.CipherUtil (in unnamed module @0xd278d2b) cannot access class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64 (in module java.xml) because module java.xml does not export com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util to unnamed module @0xd278d2b
	at org.tizen.common.util.CipherUtil.getEncryptedString(CipherUtil.java:117)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Config.setAuthorPassword(Config.java:664)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.dialog.build.CompositeBuildPopup$13.execute(CompositeBuildPopup.java:677)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.popup.PopupButton.mouseUp(PopupButton.java:142)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.popup.PopupShell.open(PopupShell.java:40)
	at com.samsung.gwd.action.project.BuildAction.action(BuildAction.java:293)
	at com.samsung.gwd.action.Action$1.execute(Action.java:116)
	at com.samsung.gwd.ui.toolbar.ToolbarButton.mouseUp(ToolbarButton.java:73)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Application._start(Application.java:385)
	at com.samsung.gwd.Application.start(Application.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:78)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)

SDB is Samsung Device Bridge and it is the hub that allows you to connect your computer to a Samsung Device.

So a few questions.
Do you have Developer Options enabled for your Watch
Do you have Debugging On for your watch
Did you at any time accept and RSA Encryption Key on your watch when you started to build.

Look at FAQ 23 here and Step 4 if you didn’t accept the RSA Encryption Key.

You may have to contact tech support There was an issue with SDB on Mac that required downloading a version from Tizen Studio. And while it was tested for Monterey that still may be an issue.

Ron

I’ve been having this same issue. Using a Dell XPS 13, author and distributor certificates were made, debugging on, RSA Encryption Key was accepted. Any ideas?

Uninstall GWS 2.0.1 and download and install GWS 2.0.0 For some reason GWS 2.0.1 does not remember the AOD. I have asked that GWS 2.0.1 be removed until this bug be fixed.

Ron

HI Gary,

Did you get this resolved on your end? I think this is a fundamental issue with the 2.0.1 release and AOD creation. On Windows I am asking people to go back to 2.0.0 but That won’t install on macOS Big Sur or Monterey without user overrides.

There is a thread that tells how to overcome this and manually install 2.0.0 on Mac. If you are comfortable doing that, then that is the best solution.

Hi @Gary111 , I’ve the same issue. Did you get this resolved on your end? If yes, could you tell me how?
Thanx

Hi @Gary111 and @mnfudoshin
I have the same problem.
I can’t build or install the built tpk on my S2 Sport.
Something with invalid certificate to install and problem with resources to rebuild

Was anyone able to fix this?
Im using Galaxy Watch Designer 1.62
Thanks

It has been years since I answered this and my terminology may be wrong but …

You need to generate the low bit AOD Color not the hi res color and may need to compile for Tizen 2.x

You probably also need to create a new Distributor Certificate if there was a recent update or reset of your watch. What version is your software Tizen 2 or Tizen 3. I think Gear Sport was updated to Tizen 4.1.

Ron