Run on Device Watch not found on WiFi Network

Hello All,

I’ve tried everything I could find to try and run my first watchface on my Galaxy Pro 5 Watch but the application does not find the watch. I’m trying to connect via WiFi.

Debugging is turned on on the watch.
The laptop and watch are both on the same network (I can ping the watch from the laptop)
I’m running Mac OS Monterey 12.6.

I also tried SDB over BT but the phone is not recognized via USB on the Mac (not sure why). I’d prefer to get it working over WiFi but at this point, I’ll be happy for it to just work.

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.
Regards!
Feelics

Hello,
This is Tizen OS forum. Your issue is Wear OS issue. You can check the Watch face Studio forum.

Please follow the steps below to connect your watch to PC using debug over Wi-Fi:

1. Connect the watch and laptop to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Turn on the development mode in the watch (Settings->About watch->Software->Software version (tap 5 times on software version))
    ** After tapping 5 times on the software version, a text appears that development mode is on
  3. Turn on ADB debugging mode for the watch (Settings->Developer options->ADB debugging).
  4. Turn Debug over Wi-Fi
    **If the IP address shows in the ADB Debugging → Wi-Fi, then it is connected, it always takes a minute for the connection and says unavailable until it connects.
  5. Click the run-on device button in Watch Face Studio.
  6. If your watch does not show on the list put the IP address (watch IP address) in the connection box.
  7. Select the watch and deploy your watch face.
    Let me know if you face any issue to connect.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! I actually found a post last night and tried it with Watch Face Studio and it is working great! I didn’t have a chance to post anything last night!

Again, thank you for your help and reply!

Regards,
Felix

Hello,
I myself have problems with connecting the watch (galaxy watch4 classic 46 mm LTE) to the computer. OS Win10 64 bit.
I tried everything.
Connect the phone with a cable (USB) and the watch via bluetooth with the phone. The program only gets the phone…but not the watch.
A watch via WIFI with a computer and … you won’t believe it … the same network. No way! Manually entered 198.162.0.104 and NO!.. does not get.
Deleted and reinstalled the program…nope either.
I’m running out of ideas now, because I’m going around in circles like a dog chasing its tail.
So if anyone know or have some idea, you welcome.

Best regards

Hello andrej.gostisa,
Welcome to this forum. Sorry for the late response.
Can you please share did you turn on the development mode for the watch?

Let me share the in details about connection please try again:

1. Connect the watch and laptop to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Turn on the development mode in the watch (Settings->About watch->Software->Software version (tap 5 times on software version))
  • After tapping 5 times on the software version, a text appears that development mode is on
  1. Turn on ADB debugging mode for the watch (Settings->Developer options->ADB debugging).

2. Turn Debug over Wi-Fi for the watch
    *If the IP address shows in the ADB Debugging → Wi-Fi, then it is connected, it always takes a minute for the connection and says unavailable until it connects. Attached an image which shows what the connection should look like on the watch
    debug_over_wifi

3. Click the run-on device button in Watch Face Studio.

4. If your watch does not show on the list put the IP address (watch IP address) in the connection box.

5. Select the watch and deploy your watch face.

Please let me know if you face any issue to connect.

Please post the Watch Face Studio related questions on the Watch face Studio page.

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
Let me explain a little more what and how.
Since I am no longer among the youngest, but every now and then I start to be interested in something, it was the same when making the wallpaper for the Samsung Galaxy watch 4 classic 46 mm LTE.
But I found that there are two programs/applications.
1. Galaxy Watch Studio V2.0.1_beta. Build id: 210901
An extremely well-made program with a lot of backgrounds, indexes, watch hand, digital clock, etc., etc.
I immediately made one wallpaper (everything that fits the clock), but it doesn't connect to the clock at all.
I did everything exactly as you wrote, but, NO! It doesn't go and it's over.

2. Watch Face Studio is another program. Much less widgets, but just as easy to use. And of course I also used it to make the background for the clock.
You won't believe it. But when I tried to connect the watch via WIFI with this program (as with the program described under point 1.), the program instantly connected to the watch and I was able to download the wallpaper.

Hello,

The both tool is designed for watches. But the Galaxy Watch Studio is for Tizen based watches and the Watch face Studio is for Wear OS watches.

As your watch is Wears OS, that is why it connected to the Watch Face Studio and you faced problem for Galaxy Watch Studio.

You can learn more from the below resources:

1. Watch Face Studio Samsung Developers page: https://developer.samsung.com/watch-face-studio/overview.html
  2. Watch Face Studio Android Developers page: Create a watch face with Watch Face Studio  |  Android Developers
  3. Galaxy watch Studio Samsung Developers page: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy-watch-tizen/studio/overview.html

Please heck the Watch face Studio forum .

1 Like