Skin disappears when any app is launched

I’m using Android Studio Giraffe 2022.3.1 Patch 2 (latest)
I’ve downloaded and applied the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra skin, and created an AVD with Google API 34 and applied the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Skin.

When I start the emulator, the skin works and the side buttons are visible (yay!).

When I open an app, any app, the skin disappears. The side buttons disappear, and it looks like the default skin. Only when I reboot the phone do the side buttons come back… but again, only until I start an app.

I’d be interested to know if this is a problem with the Skin, or with Android Studio. If Android Studio, I can raise a bug with them.

Actually the whole criteria should be checked by the Samsung officially to find out whether its a problem or not.
I think you should report this to Developer Support for analysis.
Do not forget to attach screen recording, issue reproduction steps along with the report.

Thanks

Hi bcraigie,

I’ve also come across the same problem in Android Studio Giraffe 2022.3.1 Patch 2 and it seems that it’s more of bug from Android Studio side, particularly with API 34. I tested with various Emulator Skins (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, and Google Pixel 3 XL) to investigate further. All these skins exhibited the same problem when launching apps or scrolling up. However, things went smoothly when I switched to older system images like API 29 or 28.