Store rejection for screenshots screenshots include transparent backgrounds or masking

I had submitted the wear OS screenshots taken in the Watch Face Studio as part of my watch face’s main store listing. Google rejected it saying “Your Wear OS screenshots include transparent backgrounds or masking.”.

Similar screenshots had worked for my other watch faces.

Does anybody know what do they mean by this and how are we supposed to obtain the screenshot otherwise?

2 Likes

Same to me today, waiting for the support anwer

The next thing that will be asked will be this. :grin:

I have also submitted an appeal. Please let me know if you hear something from them.

I will also update if I get a response. Thank you.

Watch face reviewers and appeal reviewers are so useless. All they are saying is this:

As much as I’d like to help, I’m not able to provide any more detail or a better answer to your question. In our previous email, I made sure to include all the information available to me.

We detected the following eligibility issue and were unable to accept your app for Wear OS:

• Your app’s Play Store listing provided non-valid Wear OS screenshots such as a placeholder or a phone screenshot. Wear OS applications must include at least one screenshot in the Play Store listing depicting the Wear OS app experience.

Your Wear OS screenshots include transparent backgrounds or masking

You can find more information about graphic assets in our help center.